Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Quick Question Re

sorry about that, just as i posted the internet went doolallay!

basically my query is, ive already painted my callipers a while back, but i never painted the partbon the wheel that has turned rusty ( it think this is a common problem).

my question is, would hammerite smooth in black suffice for this, i wondered if it would look silly as it leaves quite a glossy finnish?

I painted mine silver as suggested by others on this forum and it looks good...

Black might look abit like "Drums"......

thats the word! Drums

my technical knowlege is shocking, ive got red callipers, but need to paint the drums. i just dont know if the hammerite smooth paint will look too shiny as a large are is being covered. having said that im sure they'll soon be dirty anyway.

I painted mine silver as suggested by others on this forum and it looks good...

Black might look abit like "Drums"......

thats the word! Drums

my technical knowlege is shocking, ive got red callipers, but need to paint the drums. i just dont know if the hammerite smooth paint will look too shiny as a large are is being covered. having said that im sure they'll soon be dirty anyway.

you can get a matt equivalent for the drums - radiator paint i think.....comes in a spray can. not sure where i've seen it though...think it was B&Q.

my calipers are painted black and they look the nutts.

see the pictorial how to link below...it was done on my car with a little help from the dark one himself :P :P

CLICK ME

bump, im going to paint the drums today,ive got some hammerite in black, should i use this or go and get something else with a matt finnish..

do you think the shiny finnish of the hammerite will look daft, did anyone else use that to paint there drums?

bump, im going to paint the drums today,ive got some hammerite in black, should i use this or go and get something else with a matt finnish..

do you think the shiny finnish of the hammerite will look daft, did anyone else use that to paint there drums?

i didn't paint my drums, they were in pretty good nick actually.

to be honest mate, i don't think it'd make too much difference which type of black you go for....the drums arn't as noticable as the calipers.

post some piccies when u get them sorted :D

Used silver/aluminium spray on mine to blend with the wheels, :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links