Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 Seat Belt Recall

Hi all.

Not sure if I had seen any postings here, but just had a call from our Lexus Customer Service people down here (Australia) and there is a general recall to replace the seat belts in the 250. Not sure if all seat belts or just front, but waiting on my letter and arrange with dealership to have carried out.

Thanks Noel. Thought I had seen something.

Got the letter today.

Doesn't say manufacture dates or models. States "We are contacting you to advise that on certain Lexus models, if the front seat belt retractors (driver and front passanger) are extended quickly with strong force, the internal components of the Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) may jam and the seat belt will not retract or extend any further. In this condition, the occupant may not be able to properly fasten the seatbelt."

So booked in when I get my seat replaced.

As most of the information I have seen about this states that it involves cars built between October and December 2005 I contacted my dealer (Lexus Exeter) as I picked mine up just before Christmas. They said that they did have information about a recall but after checking my car details against this list that my car was not on it. So it’s obviously not all cars built between those dates as I expect mime was.

As most of the information I have seen about this states that it involves cars built between October and December 2005 I contacted my dealer (Lexus Exeter) as I picked mine up just before Christmas. They said that they did have information about a recall but after checking my car details against this list that my car was not on it. So it's obviously not all cars built between those dates as I expect mime was.

Yes, same with mine as it was delivered mid December, and I picked it up 23rd December 2005.

More annoying is that the dealer wants it twice. Once to "evaluate" whether the units need replacing and then once more to replace them. I'm being told that lexus Oz have told the dealership this is the procedure. Apparently there are two brands of seat belt units fitted- one good one stuffed

Bollocks. I'd be very surprised if Lexus don't know what's fitted - if there really are different brands

More annoying is that the dealer wants it twice. Once to "evaluate" whether the units need replacing and then once more to replace them. I'm being told that lexus Oz have told the dealership this is the procedure. Apparently there are two brands of seat belt units fitted- one good one stuffed

Bollocks. I'd be very surprised if Lexus don't know what's fitted - if there really are different brands

It's quite normal for a munufacturer to have more than one component supplier for things like seatbelts etc. - it prevents them having to stop production if one supplier has problems at their end. Having said which I would have though they would be able to track the seatbelt supplier from the VIN number.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links