Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2

Bazza

Just thought i'd post this up again for those who didn't go last time.

Thing's you will need to take with you by LAW

New for this year is High Vis Vests and you MUST have 1 for every person in the car (thank's Belgium)

GB badge on your car, a numberplate with a GB logo is accepted.

Warning Triangle

First Aid Box

Fire Extinguisher

Spare Bulb Set as you will be fined if pulled over for a defective light and cannot do anything about it.

Bulb Deflectors (you will need them on as you must put your lights on if it is raining or the conditions are dark)

Documents that need to be in your car when you are driving

Passport

V5

Driving Liscense

Insurance Cert (some insurers still issue green cards so you will need to carry that if they still issue them)

Thing's That I Want You To Do

As Chris has said get a EHIC.

Get European Breakdown Cover for the Trip BUT not with the AA or RAC as they will not recover anywhere near the Ring.

Make sure your breaks & tyres are in very good condition and that your car is fit for the Ring.

When you call your insurance up in April you are going to Koblenz for Easter, tis where the Rhine and the Mosel meets don't you know

For those that tinker with their cars you'll all know what tool's you use the most so bring them just incase.

If you have a towrope bring it as you are more than likely to be around another member out on track so if you have a off you can have a quick hook up an off as you don't want to be paying for armco and a tow.

Drive safely and well within your limits, if you cannot see the next corner or track infront due to a crest it will more than likely turn out to be turning the way you wouldn't expect it so slow down. Last year we had nothing worse than a few knackered brakes and a clutch on it's way out so the same attititude again please peeps

Port to hotel driving and vice versa, don't speed peeps as the fines are huge so stay in convoy please. Also at the ring if you are going to the garage for fuel don't speed down the road as the police last year were hiding behind the parked cars with the laser gun.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right well my two hotels and ferry are all booked up... going to Maarstricht before Koln for a few days... might give the ring a miss and spend the time in Koln, depends on whether I find my 4 lap ticket from last time or not :)

See you all there :)

Get me on the list please......

Will have the Tubby up to 400bhp by August :winky:

are you coming then Mike ?? are you going to let your car do the talking ......or not :D

ooh could be interested...

are you still fidgiting Ian

two weeks today !!!! :whistling:

plans are coming together, cosmetics done, mapping booked, awaiting the new turbo to arrive, its got till this thursday to arrive :crying:

starting to get excited :lol:

Get me on the list please......

Will have the Tubby up to 400bhp by August :winky:

are you coming then Mike ?? are you going to let your car do the talking ......or not :D

ooh could be interested...

are you still fidgiting Ian

two weeks today !!!! :whistling:

plans are coming together, cosmetics done, mapping booked, awaiting the new turbo to arrive, its got till this thursday to arrive :crying:

starting to get excited :lol:

Dunno.....My Nigeria country manager decided he wanted to take some vacation and disappeared on the BA back to London. I gotta get down there Tuesday to hold the fort!

Anyone taking the walkie talkies like last time!?!? Think that's really essential especially when we all convoying... ;) :question:

p.s. will be takin something "special" for this trip rather than my car.... :shifty: :winky:

Anyone taking the walkie talkies like last time!?!? Think that's really essential especially when we all convoying... ;) :question:

I agree, after getting lost/left behind a few times last trip. I have a pair which i'm bringing.

p.s. will be takin something "special" for this trip rather than my car.... :shifty: :winky:

Am I going to be the only one in a Lexus then :question:

we have a couple

maplins do them for about £30 a pair

Well one of your couple I'm borrowing to save myself £30 :P :)

special ?

any clues

:shutit: :whistling::driving: :winky: Nurburg here we come......... :lol:

we have a couple

maplins do them for about £30 a pair

special ?

any clues

:shutit: :whistling::driving: :winky: Nurburg here we come......... :lol:

rental is £25 for the weekend :D

REMINDER !

check your insurance details for european cover

most comprehensive policies only give you third party insurance in europe

its normally a case of giving them a quick ring where they will increase cover to fully comprehensive for the duration, and dont normally charge !

:)

and breakdown cover.................

i have joined ADAC

its a german breakdown service

covers throughout germany and europe

will even bring me home

and one special feature, they will pick you up of the "ring" saving a possible 175 euro charge

loads more benefits as well

£50 for a years subscription

which is what the RAC wanted for 4 days !!

anyone want details let me know as i have an english speaking contact :D

i have joined ADAC

will even bring me home

and one special feature, they will pick you up of the "ring" saving a possible 175 euro charge

Doh, i thought you had to be german to join them, definatly next year.

I read they will also recover any vehicle you are passenger in at the ring.

i have joined ADAC

will even bring me home

Right, that's sorted. Bazza, you're sitting in my car round the track!!! :lol:

I have normal European cover. How many folks in April needed recovery from the ring?

i have joined ADAC

will even bring me home

Right, that's sorted. Bazza, you're sitting in my car round the track!!! :lol:

I have normal European cover. How many folks in April needed recovery from the ring?

from LOC = 0

from TOC = 1 :whistling:

yes please bazza sort me out with the details of ADAC,i aint sorted anything yet.When we speak to insurance,do we specify the ring,or just say koblenz.I got my new tyres on today and off to the doctor tomorrow for the wheel adjustments.cant wait for the ring,little bit scared also. :crybaby:

yes please bazza sort me out with the details of ADAC,i aint sorted anything yet.When we speak to insurance,do we specify the ring,or just say koblenz.I got my new tyres on today and off to the doctor tomorrow for the wheel adjustments.cant wait for the ring,little bit scared also. :crybaby:

If they ask just say Koblenz, mine just wanted to know what countries (France, Belgium and Germany).

I was looking at my tyres at the weekend, i'll check them again before we go just to make sure.

You can grab a passenger ride with me if ya want mate, just so you can see what its like. Then enjoy a few laps in your beast.

If they ask just say Koblenz, mine just wanted to know what countries (France, Belgium and Germany).

I was looking at my tyres at the weekend, i'll check them again before we go just to make sure.

You can grab a passenger ride with me if ya want mate, just so you can see what its like. Then enjoy a few laps in your beast.

your insurance will just ask which countries

rsarin , can you ask mr ellen to forward the adac details , (i sent him a pm with them, but didnt save !)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk