Sign in to follow this  
Rhedoc

My 2007

I was looking at the Lexus (Japan) website. The gallery features IS 250 with Shark fin aerials like in BMW and Audi. Is this is a modification we can expect in new build cars for the UK?

Why copy cat a BMW? Your Lexus is not a BMW so why add something now associated with on? I don't see the appeal. Sorry !

Why copy cat a BMW? Your Lexus is not a BMW so why add something now associated with on? I don't see the appeal. Sorry !

the guy is only asking a question, please dont jump on him for that. As for the question im not sure, but i would expect it is more likely to be an aftermarket addon at somepoint.

Sorry not jumping, just asking :duh:

I know some people like these fin aerials, but the IS doesn't need any type of antenna. If you want a shark fin, don't bother with an aerial and drilling holes etc, just get a plastic add on for that Jaws effect :D

Perhaps there is a market for fibre glass shark fins, alternatively pop down Newquay and rip a fin off an old surf board. :winky:

I think one of the members did a shark fin mod a while back, but also blended the thing into the roof, and resprayed it (not a small job).....a search should bring it up.

Yeah, it was Pete (Scorpion's) mate Dean if I remember correctly, just got no idea what his username was on LOC!

Can remember everything was blended in and then resprayed, looked great from what I remember but the thread must be getting on a bit now?

This maybe.....?

HERE!

I always thought those Fin aerials were for the GPS

:)

This maybe.....?

HERE!

I always thought those Fin aerials were for the GPS

Yeah that,s the fella, these are the threads I was thinking of:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...557&hl=dean

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...461&hl=dean

All blended in nicely, can't find any pics of it finished though, and Pete and Dean aren't around any more!