Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indicator Relay ?

MrADeveci

My mates IS200 S (X - 2000) .........

The indicators dont work at all, left / right or hazard lights ?

He says it's not the fuse ............. and wondering if it's the relay ?

Anyone ................ :unsure:

have a look in the fuse box there should be a relay in there just follow the map on the fuse box lid then if there is a similar one for something else swap them and give them a try

Not to compare Nova's with Lexus, but i (think) i recall that on the Nova's the hazard switch had a combined relay box attached directly to the switch. Obviously i don't know if this is the same with the Lexus. In the same instance i remember that if the Hazard switch/relay was not plugged into the dash, the indicators would not work either.

So quite possibly could be the relay.

Never looked for it on the Lexus, but usually the flasher unit (which is like a relay but also contains the bits and bobs to make it flash at the right speed etc) is in the dash somewhere - it also makes the clicking sound you hear when signalling.

It's usual for the one unit to do the hazards as well.

fuse box on drivers kick panel, there is a relay at the bottom, that is the flasher relay. turn on the indicators and listen/feel it and you will easily find it
Yep, ok cheers. Will have to do it on mine, as his is completley knackered !

fuse box on drivers kick panel, there is a relay at the bottom, that is the flasher relay. turn on the indicators and listen/feel it and you will easily find it

Yep, ok cheers. Will have to do it on mine, as his is completley knackered !

Will it be the same as his as on yours??

Is it possible to replace with one with a louder tick as mine is very quiet and as the steering needs a biggish manouvre to activate the self cancelling mechanism it sometimes gets forgotten until you look at the dash and see the arrow flashing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links