Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wiper Blades

Zee007

So the Bosch did fit! The not so helpfull Halfords guy told me they wouldn't as they didn't have the correct adapter, and I didn't fancy the Halfords one's as they didn't have a spoiler.

Yep - they sure do. They just don't list them Rich - but if you take 21 and 19 inch, they fit perfectly with the supplied adaptor - and they have HUGE spoliers too............ :blink:

Lazy is one thing for Bosch, but the Halfords own brand one wasn't listed as fitting the IS300 though!

As Zee said though, the guy let me try them, said I could take them back if need be, was a very helpful chap.

He also said that what can trip you up is the adaptors, so Ricky is on course in that even if it is the right size, if the adaptor is wrong its not going to work, however luckily it did!

I bought some PIAA silicone wipers on saturday and they are pretty damm good let me tell you. The only critisism I have of them is that they do not do them with a spoiler :angry: so when you get above 80 (km/h of course :whistling: ) they judder a bit. The good thing is though, with the silicone coating they put on the window, you dont really need them on at all! I was driving home today with no wipers on in moderate rain and could see perfectly. :arrrggg-matey: :sleeping: <_<

Went to Halfords today to buy some of those Bosch wipers that some of you have been going on about. :P

BUT, as I got chatting to the guy at Halfords, right from go, he was most unhelpful and told me that Bosch won't fit. I explained to him that they do as others that I know have already bought them. He started going on about different adpaters and again he started to say that it won't fit the IS200. I again insisted that it will fit and was very tempted to rip open the box to prove it. For some reason he wanted me to buy the Halfords ones. He then, to top it all off, took me to a computer screen where it said something like, Bosch won't fit lexus' or something, wasn't really looking at it. For some unknown reason he was really trying to take the pi$$ and treating me as if I was stupid. In the end I put the blades back and walked out fuming. :angry::angry:

Why....I don't undertsand. I thought Halfords staff were helpful. I'm off to another Halfords tomorrow to buy them. Now I have calmed down, I wish I had bought them. :blush:

Methinks that Halfords are giving you a load of balderdash

I replaced mine a 21" and 19" Bosch with spoiler and there was no need to even fit an adapter cos it was already in place on the wiper blades

Ive always used Bosch and the last time I had a Halfords on the end came off in a downpour and rather than drive blind I had to use then and the scoured an arc across the windscreen which never did get removed

:angry:

Went to another Halfords today and bought 1 21" and 1 19" and they fit perfectly. :P

And I must say, this time the shop assistant was alot more friendly and actually helped me fix them to the car. :D

Glad to hear you got them sorted Ifraz - right time of year for some new wipers too.... :shifty:

I'll be posting details shortly of a Group buy on PIAA Silicone wipers, for £26 a set. inc vat & delivery.

I've just fitted these babies to my car and I'm well impressed.

Especially the 20 minute proceedure you have to go through to clean and prepare your windscreen!! :geek:

Special cleaning pads are included with each wiper. B)

They're available in both standard and carbon finish.

wipers_car.jpg

wiper-tn.jpg

Now guys,

You know that the Loz would never try an spoil you fun, I just need to make you aware of this one little thing....

Rain Wizard.

You must have seen the pink dildo looking container in accessory shops and the like? Its like rainX but with a built in aplicator and MUCH better staying power.

For those who dont know. If you polish this stuff into your screen you need never use your wipers again. Its like having a teflon windscreen. If you are stood still, it runs down your screen and you can see perfectly. if you are "at speed" then the rain runs off the top like the wind.

I have always used this in my lexus and my last dozen cars and never had to buy a windscreen wiper cos they hardly get used.

At night in light rain I have not even known it was raining, such is the effectiveness of this chemical solution. If you have never tried it then blow £6 on a bottle or even get one to share and try it out. it is the Dogs danglies!

Loz

Ps, then go group buy the wipers, safe in the knowledge that you'll never buy another pair for that car!

I found the pink dildo here ;)

I've used something similar before, and it does work well, but if you do use the wipers it tends to wear away the coating, but it certainly does help especially in the dark with rain without wipers on as it's far less distracting seeing the beads of water run off than having a wiper waving in front of you ;)

Asam

Ifraz, its bad to hear that Halfords haven't been good to you, my nearest ones are Slough and Staines, I would say that they have always been very helpful in both shops.

When it came down to the wipers, they let me open the packets to inspect them, said that if they didn't fit I could have my money back, offered to help me fit them if I had any troubles, pretty good really!

With my previous car, once had an adaptor clip break as I was zooming down the motorway in the rain, so that the wiper blade wasn't attached properly, stopped and tied in on with a bit of string, when I went to Halfords the next day they just gave me another little adapor thingy for free!

Ifraz, its bad to hear that Halfords haven't been good to you, my nearest ones are Slough and Staines, I would say that they have always been very helpful in both shops.

When it came down to the wipers, they let me open the packets to inspect them, said that if they didn't fit I could have my money back, offered to help me fit them if I had any troubles, pretty good really!

With my previous car, once had an adaptor clip break as I was zooming down the motorway in the rain, so that the wiper blade wasn't attached properly, stopped and tied in on with a bit of string, when I went to Halfords the next day they just gave me another little adapor thingy for free!

I've never had a problem with Halfords staff before. They have always been very helpful and more than willing to help. Hasn't put me off from using Halfords, I'll just avoid him next time.

I guess I just caught this one idiot on a bad day. It's all forgotten now and I too can see clearly...with my new wiper blades :P

I found the pink dildo here ;)

I've used something similar before, and it does work well, but if you do use the wipers it tends to wear away the coating, but it certainly does help especially in the dark with rain without wipers on as it's far less distracting seeing the beads of water run off than having a wiper waving in front of you ;)

Asam

Thanks Kavey ;)

I have used some windscreen cleaning stuff made by Mer in the past. This stuff also tends to wipe off when you use the wipers.

Dudes!!

DOn't confuse this rain wizard with lesser products. Thats like saying, IS200?? Yeah well I used to have a modeo and cars are ***** so I won't bother. imagine the tragedy!!

This stuff is the best I have tried and I have had all manner of carwash/handwash products try and clean it off but it just lasts for ages. I reckon I get 4000 miles before I think about reaplpying it... and thats in this weather...

also good for you lights and side windows...

Did you know the GS comes with rain resistant front side windows.

I just renamed my car the "teflon don!"

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links