Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need New Tyres

Just got my car back from Lexus Brighton, after having a new instrument cluster fitted (dials were making a rachet type noise during startup sequence) and the VSR showed that my front left tyre was in the red zone (bald on inner edge) and the front right tyre was in the amber zone :crybaby: . Both back tyres are in the Green Zone. :D

BTW Thanks to Riachrd @ Lexus Brighton for the excellent service and the loan car for 3 days (RX400H, with lexus hybrid sign writing all over the sides and rear :hehe: ) Felt like i was driving round in an advertisement :geek:

So looks like i'm gonna have to get two new front tyres. I've done 25500 miles (although ODO now shows just 6 miles :D after instrument panel replacement) so i suppose thats not to bad, esp since the rear tyres are still ok.

Currently Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tyres are fitted all round (factory fit)

Should I replace the front tyres with Dunlop's so they match the back or is it OK to put a different brand on?

So far the dunlops have been pretty good, giving good traction in all conditions.

Does anyone have any recomedations?

Do you think i should get a Full geomentry done, as it looks like they are wearing unevenly, or it normal for thr fronts to go before the rears?

Thanks in advance guys

My car made that noise when I started it, until I realised you push the start button and release :(

If I get 25k miles out of my tyres I'll be happy. I'd recommend fitting the same tyres if you are keeping the backs on.

Myabe a word woth Tony about the Geometry and a visit to WIM for a check up?

My car made that noise when I started it, until I realised you push the start button and release :(

If I get 25k miles out of my tyres I'll be happy. I'd recommend fitting the same tyres if you are keeping the backs on.

Myabe a word woth Tony about the Geometry and a visit to WIM for a check up?

I visited Dr. Bones and had my IS250 SE-L geometry checked on Thursday last. Bad news is there's only toe adjustment front and rear. My car appeared to have excessive toe-in on the rear.

The geometry was checked prior to fitting a set of Eibach's and then checked afterwards before fine adjustment of the toe front and rear. The car now has noticable negative camber, but it's only a degree or so.

The car appears to be more stable, certainly a lot less skittish on the motorway at speed, and a lot more 'planted' when pushing it around some of the A roads we have in Gloucestershire :) .

I visited Dr. Bones and had my IS250 SE-L geometry checked on Thursday last. Bad news is there's only toe adjustment front and rear. My car appeared to have excessive toe-in on the rear.

The geometry was checked prior to fitting a set of Eibach's and then checked afterwards before fine adjustment of the toe front and rear. The car now has noticable negative camber, but it's only a degree or so.

The car appears to be more stable, certainly a lot less skittish on the motorway at speed, and a lot more 'planted' when pushing it around some of the A roads we have in Gloucestershire :) .

Forgot a piccy....here it is albeit on a dull day between the rain storms :)

250lip6bd2.jpg

Forgot a piccy....here it is albeit on a dull day between the rain storms :)

%7Boption%7D

Nice Pic & nice car. It looks good :D

Just got my car back from Lexus Brighton, after having a new instrument cluster fitted (dials were making a rachet type noise during startup sequence) and the VSR showed that my front left tyre was in the red zone (bald on inner edge) and the front right tyre was in the amber zone :crybaby: . Both back tyres are in the Green Zone. :D

BTW Thanks to Riachrd @ Lexus Brighton for the excellent service and the loan car for 3 days (RX400H, with lexus hybrid sign writing all over the sides and rear :hehe: ) Felt like i was driving round in an advertisement :geek:

So looks like i'm gonna have to get two new front tyres. I've done 25500 miles (although ODO now shows just 6 miles :D after instrument panel replacement) so i suppose thats not to bad, esp since the rear tyres are still ok.

Should I replace the front tyres with Dunlop's so they match the back or is it OK to put a different brand on?

So far the dunlops have been pretty good, giving good traction in all conditions.

Do you think i should get a Full geomentry done, as it looks like they are wearing unevenly, or it normal for thr fronts to go before the rears?

Thanks in advance guys

Tyre make i find tends to me a matter of taste since we all expect different things from the tyre, like mileage or quietness or just plan performance. My advice is stay with the devil you know unless you have a reason to be unhappy.

The tyre wear is an issue.... apart from the color code did they give you actual tread depths for the front tyres?

Thanks in advance guys

Tyre make i find tends to me a matter of taste since we all expect different things from the tyre, like mileage or quietness or just plan performance. My advice is stay with the devil you know unless you have a reason to be unhappy.

The tyre wear is an issue.... apart from the color code did they give you actual tread depths for the front tyres?

The front right has been marked down as "2mm on edges" and the front left has been marked down as "almost bald inner edge"

Both front tyres have about 5mm+ tread in the centre.

Do you also fit tyres, as I was thinking of buying them mail order. Would like to get them fitted and get a full geomentry done at the same time?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links