Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Auto Start Kit

Hello everyone,

A couple of years ago i had an Astra with an aftermarket Autowatch alarm

which had autostart included (South African system) not strickly legal for us in the UK.

press the start button twice and whey hey engine springs to life, runs for 9 minutes then shuts down

all immobilisers and alarm still active. Gyro tilt and shock sensor if you left it in gear to shut down

if the car jolted forward on the started motor. Really good system.

Great fun in Asda car park.

So imagine my delight when i find on the Sewells web page an autostart system for the new IS.(link)

but sadly thats all i can find. I know they are not legal in the UK, as it is illegal to leave a vehicle with the engine running unattended, but getting into a warm car inthe morning

is just heavenly. :D :D :D :D Anyone know anything else or price.

Infinity.....

Hello everyone,

A couple of years ago i had an Astra with an aftermarket Autowatch alarm

which had autostart included (South African system) not strickly legal for us in the UK.

press the start button twice and whey hey engine springs to life, runs for 9 minutes then shuts down

all immobilisers and alarm still active. Gyro tilt and shock sensor if you left it in gear to shut down

if the car jolted forward on the started motor. Really good system.

Great fun in Asda car park.

So imagine my delight when i find on the Sewells web page an autostart system for the new IS.(link)

but sadly thats all i can find. I know they are not legal in the UK, as it is illegal to leave a vehicle with the engine running unattended, but getting into a warm car inthe morning

is just heavenly. :D :D :D :D Anyone know anything else or price.

Infinity.....

The best autostart systems are the ones in dressing gown and slippers who nip out start your car, then serve you a full fried breakfast and a mug of tea to send you on your way. In colder weather you may have to exert more force to push them from under the duvet though.

The best autostart systems are the ones in dressing gown and slippers who nip out start your car, then serve you a full fried breakfast and a mug of tea to send you on your way. In colder weather you may have to exert more force to push them from under the duvet though.

Yeh but they cost an absolute fortune. And its not just the purchase price - they need regular servicing :winky: and they are a constant drain on funds

A young boy asked his Dad:

"How much does it cost to get married?"

Dad answered "Dunno, I haven't finished payin' yet"

Back on topic - why would anyone want to start their car for exactly 9 minutes? I suppose you could cool the car on a hot day if the AC was on, or slightly warm the engine on a cold day/defrost it, but what if it was manual and her in doors left in gear and it tried to start???

I suppose it would be for Auto's only!

It's gotta be the toy to be had though! Your neighbours would never speak to you again!

My Tiptronic RS200 came with one installed and it's great now that the mornings are abit cold.... start the car while having breakfast and have a nice cosy car to go out to.... fact that the engine is also warming up means i can get up to cruising warp alittle quicker too.... :winky:

btw ... don't some aftermarket alarms also offer this as an option?.... regards a manual, surely it's easy to put in a switch that knows when the car is in neutral?

A young boy asked his Dad:

"How much does it cost to get married?"

Dad answered "Dunno, I haven't finished payin' yet"

Back on topic - why would anyone want to start their car for exactly 9 minutes? I suppose you could cool the car on a hot day if the AC was on, or slightly warm the engine on a cold day/defrost it, but what if it was manual and her in doors left in gear and it tried to start???

I suppose it would be for Auto's only!

It's gotta be the toy to be had though! Your neighbours would never speak to you again!

The absolute dogs kahoonas, and the wife doesnt drive.

The thing was designed for autos but i adapted it for the manual with the gyro and tilt switch.

only started it a couple of times in gear. Once jumped forward into a tennis court fence thankfully no damage.

The jolt from the starter motor kicking in sets off the gyro and tilt sensor which triggers the alarm and shuts everything down.

9 minutes (Factory set) is enough or if its really cold, once it shuts down, start it up agian.

leave the demister set on full blow, then the windows are clear and the car is warm.

No more scraping those frosty windows.

Just think of it......... heated leather seats just warming nicely, windows clear & heater already warm, chestnuts roasting on an open fire(Diesel only) but i suppose its no good for all of the noisey crude oil burning fraternity out there. You need 3 hours, 2 stokers and a decent head of steam before taking a diesel to the roads in the winter.

Infinity...........

From Toyota.com:

The Remote Engine Starter (RES) is new to the Toyota brand and available on all Avalon grades equipped with the factory alarm system as a port- or dealer-installed option. Drivers may start the engine from a remote location by depressing a button on the key fob. After the engine has started, the climate control system will use the most recent settings to pre-heat the cabin on cold days or cool it down when the outside temperature is high. If the RES is used to start the car, the engine will shut off automatically for safety purposes when the vehicle is unlocked, after the doors are opened, when the key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder, if the brake pedal is depressed, if the hood is opened, or if the shift lever is moved out of the "park" position. The vehicle must be restarted to drive away.

From Toyota.com:

The Remote Engine Starter (RES) is new to the Toyota brand and available on all Avalon grades equipped with the factory alarm system as a port- or dealer-installed option. Drivers may start the engine from a remote location by depressing a button on the key fob. After the engine has started, the climate control system will use the most recent settings to pre-heat the cabin on cold days or cool it down when the outside temperature is high. If the RES is used to start the car, the engine will shut off automatically for safety purposes when the vehicle is unlocked, after the doors are opened, when the key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder, if the brake pedal is depressed, if the hood is opened, or if the shift lever is moved out of the "park" position. The vehicle must be restarted to drive away.

Must have been an option in Japan with awhile as mine is a Toyota product.... basic 3 button job, no fancy lcd screen :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links