Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well i was sitting there looking at the different factors between getting a V300 Aristo and a standard GS300 sport and supercharging it...

The main thing i dislike with the GS300 engine is the way the intake sits accross the top of the engine block.

i am wondering (if combined with the supercharger setup) if the supra TT air plenum chamber and throttle setup would work with the standard GS300 block.... basicaly becuase i have plans to make a very presentable engine bay and the current setup doesnt work well.

I know i would have to re-locate a few bits like the reservoirs etc for PS. But would the mechanicals of the supra stuff work with the mechanicals of the GS?

As i am finding it really hard to find a V300 in good condition with low milage as most of the good ones have been bought and are on here alredy!

prob get shot down but you will have a few probs as you will prob need a vvti plenum and i dont suppose there are many vvti soops about. also the cylinder head is different (diff turbo manifolds for ge & gte)

A blown gs would be very nice.....I happen to have a rotrex blower tucked away ;)

you will have to fettle the suspension fairly swiftly or you may end up in a hedge (when s/c'd)

would like to see it done tho...

suspension is one of the first things i want to address.....

Didnt realise the heads were different, wonder how hard it would be to fabricate a new plenum chamber from scratch?

Initialy i wanted to get airbags for the GS but im more thinking about Coilovers as they are more flexible for what i want.

20" rims are the order of the day for the car, if not 22" if they will go on.

Basicaly im looking to do what i did to the IS, Retrim etc etc but definately want the engine bay to look imaculate, more so than what i did with the IS

Thanks for the swift reply :)

Dont think you can import them at the moment, thinks Dave was saying its something to do with the SVA test or something like that.

Sanj was looking into importing a 04 plate V300 from Japan, was costing £14k

Dont think you can import them at the moment, thinks Dave was saying its something to do with the SVA test or something like that.

would be dependant on the year

10 years is the limit so 2007 will be when they can be imported avoiding the ESVA (no model report)

I've already sourced a dealer who will be sending me good low milegae ones come next year :winky:

suspension is one of the first things i want to address.....

Didnt realise the heads were different, wonder how hard it would be to fabricate a new plenum chamber from scratch?

Initialy i wanted to get airbags for the GS but im more thinking about Coilovers as they are more flexible for what i want.

20" rims are the order of the day for the car, if not 22" if they will go on.

Basicaly im looking to do what i did to the IS, Retrim etc etc but definately want the engine bay to look imaculate, more so than what i did with the IS

Thanks for the swift reply :)

I've a set of TEIN flex with edfc going on in the next 3 weeks soi will report back...edfc will fit snugly in the coin holder by the bonnet release...........

will be fitting the TEINs....EDFC...and the TOMs rear wheel steer canceller myself :sick: this will be a laugh

Will be interested in that Toms ARS canceller mate, got a bit of play in my rear rack and just wondering which way to go, but the general consensus is to go down the TOMS route!

Was thinking if I do go down the coils route it will probably be TEIN CS route but not going to be modding this one until next year!

Sounds like you know a bit about these Barrie, is this what you've gone and bought then :whistling:

ah have i given you a clue :o

darn ........... :lol:

by the way....... no :winky:

10 years is the limit so 2007 will be when they can be imported avoiding the ESVA (no model report)

I've already sourced a dealer who will be sending me good low milegae ones come next year :winky:

not if its a pre 1997 ;)

Sounds like you know a bit about these Barrie, is this what you've gone and bought then :whistling:

ah have i given you a clue :o

darn ........... :lol:

by the way....... no :winky:

not if its a pre 1997 ;)

subject in hand was the mark 2 GS300 or mark 2 Aristo which started to be made tail end of 1997

bargain of the millenium IMHO :D

Is that just the cost of importing or the cost of it imported with the SVA....

I would love to have the V300, but am just looking at my options first.

I will only go down the supercharged GS route once i have exhausted all other options or a really nice GS pops up..

I would love to have the V300, but am just looking at my options first.

I will only go down the supercharged GS route once i have exhausted all other options or a really nice GS pops up..

Chris...until someone does a model report you will only be able to bring 10 year old ristos in...........looking at 5/8k landed.........you may get some well modded ones with TOMs ECU and other goodies in that price.......

got all sorts of under bonnet goodies on the way......cam & ecu covers........

But of course, if someone does SVA a Mk.2 V300 they'll be quids in as they can then rent the model report for a couple of hundred to other budding importers.

That was the price of the car and shipping,

Yeh...once it gets here and have all the test's, modifications, reports, VAT's it would have added a lot ££££'s..... :crying: That company in Japan who will also allow me to view the car (in Japan) before any formal commitments :shifty:

There are really good ones out in Japan with top spec and have many available....

I may have also sourced a UK importer who may able to get me one but they need to find out +/- and whether I am willing to pay all that...will see ;)

Some of us may be in luck lads.... :winky:

seems like someone has imported a Aristo 2004 model :shifty::yahoo: and has advertised it in autotrader! We must be able to get a copy their ESVA report... :unsure::question:

Aristo's might be flodding in now :P

here the link for £19,250 beast :)

Some of us may be in luck lads.... :winky:

seems like someone has imported a Aristo 2004 model :shifty::yahoo: and has advertised it in autotrader! We must be able to get a copy their ESVA report... :unsure::question:

Aristo's might be flodding in now :P

here the link for £19,250 beast :)

I'd ask the guy the question does it have the ESVA...some people import cars in not knowing about the ESVA then try & sell them on....I'd also say thats plenty of dosh going on what I know of risto prices from Japan...

Dont forget as well that any car you import which falls under ESVA must be bog standard (even down to particular ecu types/numbers) many exporters send cars over with the standard bits in the boot :winky:

Do you need the ESVA before you can get the car registered?

This one has a UK registration, and shows up the same details as mine does, ie:

Manufacturer TOYOTA

Model

Body type SALOON

Colour BLACK

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 01 July 2004

Number of previous owners

My car also lacks the Model info on the RAC website as above.

Looks nice, a very nice example in fact!

Spoken to him and they did have a ESVA report done and was new when they imported! They have all paper work to prove it. Won't really budge on the price ;)

thats good news............way over priced though.

checked here

http://www.modelreports.com/acatalog/available.PDF

and 4 other sites can't see any mention of the Aristo....

@ Sanj - does the guy say who did the model report ?

@ Sanj - does the guy say who did the model report ?

No he didn't mate ;)

Perhaps they imported it when new in 2004, which I believe the EVSA wasn't live then, just SVA.

So what the differences between them two :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links