Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cd's Jammed

kenrussell1

I had this probelm with mine, but I don't know if the Lexus CD player is the same as the Altezza one.

The remedy that worked for me was to eject all other CD's and reload them.

When it came to reloading in slot 3 again, the player ejected the jammed CD instead. :)

I had this problem with my original unit in my '99 Altezza. Basically the early Fujitsu 10 units they use (you can tell by the cassette player above the CD Slot - the new ones have the CD slot above) would jam quite regularly. I ignored the error for quite a while until the unit totally died on me, with CDs stuck inside.

As my Altezza was imported, Lexus wouldn't warranty replace in the year, and wanted £1200 to get a replacement UK unit in its place. Given that the quality of the unit wasn't actually that great in the first place, I decided to get a temporary single din UK CD head unit (never use Tape anymore) to fill the slot until i imported a nice Double DIN and JDM Dash Kit to redo the fascia last year.

Good Luck!

Asam

got the same problem with my 99 altezza. posted it here a couple of weeks ago. my no.6 was jammed.

i had to press both the load and eject button before it came out. swapped cds and still wooldn,t give in.

left it for over a week and miraculously, was able to play it this morning. Got to say the stereo is fantastic though. don,t know if i have the original or not. People can,t believe I haven,t changed it. Probably makes up for the cd jamming.

• 3 weeks later...

Just brought Altezza 00 it also has the same problem display shows err3, radio's not to clever either being an import. I tried a breakers to get a new 1 which wasn't my best move, the 1 they sent me was also faulty same problem. Now they are saying the radio I sent back isn't the 1 they gave me. So now I have to drive 150 miles just to break a nose. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

<_< well none of the tips to clear the cd jam work on my 1999 build atezza z and does anyone know what "err 3" means. my handbook is in japanese and unfortunately do not know anyone who can translate this into english. however i must say that the drawings are excellent for explaining a great deal of the script.cheers, gds

not sure if most people know this but you can eject the cds without the radio being turned on - i dd this the other day and when i switched the radio on i got the err3 - suppose the radio memory still said a disc was there when i t wasnt. switched the radio off and then on again and all was ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links