Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have been asked to post my opinon of my new car, so here goes:

Well, it arrived 3 weeks ago :)

I am very pleased with it.

There are just 2 small faults. The n/s front foglight doesn't work. The dealer sent at my request a new bulb as I said I could probably fix it myself. But I think the fault is that the connector was left off when they installed the parking sensors.

Also the trailer connection socket doesn't appear to work for the lights on the trailer. Hopefully I can easily fix it. If not, the dealer said he would send someone down from Newcastle to fix both problems. I am very pleased with their customer service:)

It is much the same as 2006 apart from:

HYBRID badge on both rear door trims

5.1 sound system

Plays MP3's and DVD films when stationary

Better maps and control systems

Faster GPS engine.

Improved Blue tooth phone system

Seems to run better but maybe the other 400h was faulty!

Parking sensors work properly, but it took them over 1 week to get right.

Can't think of anything else just now.

A lovely car. I am very pleased with it.

However I was a little disappointed to find that the Homelink garage door opener to be fitted on the sunv isor, is NOT on my model, but will be fitted to models supplied form January onwards. But I can't have everything and I believe it can be retrofitted if I want it. But I don't know how much it will cost!

I wonder will there be any other new features....

I had an IS200 on loan for 1 week and hated it! It kept sliding and getting stuck in the mud out here in the countryside. Sorry. Rear wheel drive is no use to me!

Regards

Billy

Just picked up my 350 SEL yesterday so can agree with all of your comments. Only slight annoyance is that I have driven saloons so not used to having luggage in the cabin. Spent first half hour hearing "rattles" that were just my shopping moving about!! :)

This RX is actually a replacement for GS 430 with dash rattles so I was extra pleased to find Bracknell fitted parking sensors, transfered plate and supplied boot liner and bumper guard free of charge.

So I have only done 27 miles but I'm happy so far :D

BTW - not sure if this was covered in another post but can you put MP3s onto DVD for the MM system or will it only read CDs????

Just picked up my 350 SEL yesterday so can agree with all of your comments. Only slight annoyance is that I have driven saloons so not used to having luggage in the cabin. Spent first half hour hearing "rattles" that were just my shopping moving about!! :)

This RX is actually a replacement for GS 430 with dash rattles so I was extra pleased to find Bracknell fitted parking sensors, transfered plate and supplied boot liner and bumper guard free of charge.

BTW - not sure if this was covered in another post but can you put MP3s onto DVD for the MM system or will it only read CDs????

I haven't tried it on DVD but I believe from the manual it plays mp3's.

It will read DVD movies. I watched one today while my wife was shopping!!

BUT make sure you leave the system on "READY" so that the auxiliary 12 v Battery doesn't go flat!!

I haven't tried it on DVD but I believe from the manual it plays mp3's.

It will read DVD movies. I watched one today while my wife was shopping!!

BUT make sure you leave the system on "READY" so that the auxiliary 12 v Battery doesn't go flat!!

Forgot to mention the foglight bulb hadn't blown. They had left the connector off! It took me half an hour to sus out how to get at it and put it all back.

You need a 10mm socket, Flat blade screwdriver (To remove the press studs) and a 3mm (I think) Allen key to remove the fixings to lift back the plastic cover behind the bumper under the wheel arch. I had it on ramps with the n/s wheel turned to the laft to give me room to work.

Hopefully I won't have to change those foglight bulbs very often :)

However, there must be a wiring fault with te trailer socket as there is no power to the tail lights.

Only the indicators are working, So I better not take the trailer out at night :tomato:

I will leave it to the experts to sort it next time they have it there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links