Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Flywheel!

puresilk

My clutch is on the way out so I booked it with Mr Clutch!

They quoted me £329 for the cluthc Kit which I thought was good compared to £550 Lexus asked for!

Now that they have got the car they rang me up and said the Flywheel will need changing soon as its worn and cos its spring loaded it comes directly from Lexus only!

He told me that it was going to cost £840 just for the flywheel and this is the price from Lexus plus VAT and his £40 fitting charge all included! (As it is a Lexus only Part)

I just told them to put the old one back in!

Can that be right £800 odd for a componant like that and thats like almost 1/7 of the value of my car for gods sake!

Anyone know where I can get a cheaper one from and how much please?????

Any advice or commenst would be so much appreciated!

Hi Guys

I managed to get one from Swift breakers!

The guy was really helpfull and had on from an 03 Lex in good condition!

He quoted me £50 + £10 delivery!

What I dont understand is how come a brand new one was approx £691 + VAT on top! from Lexus!

Even a new one from Pro Lex was a excellent deal!

Im gonna see how this Flywheel is its comming through on Weds and get it fitted (If not ill take up the offers on here)!

But I really really appreciate the help and quick posts that were put on here, We have got some real good people on this forum!

Is it a good idea to get the flywheel done when the clutch is out as im getting clutch done soon thought if its easy to do might get a new one.

Dave pm me with some prices please :)

yeh mate yr right!

But they just sprung the flywheel cost me ove a phone call and told me it will be about £840 for flywheel all in, and +£29 for clutch.

So I asked him to put the old one back in!

I then came on here and asked around as well as give swift breakers a call and he had a 03 flywheel in good nick for £50 so I ordered it.

I rang them back up and told them I had got one, but they told me that they have already stuck the old one back in and it was a bit late now.

So I thought id hang on to the new flywheel and get a local mechanic to fit it sometime.

But I must admit since i have had the new clutch in with old flywheel, the gears change much smoother, i get no clutch judder and it feels great! So I might just ride my luck with the old flywheel after all and keep the new one i ordered from Swift as a back up!

The last post should read £840 for flywheel all in + £329 for clutch!!!!

It sounds like they might have been trying to pull your pants down over a new flywheel anyway mate. They couldn't have been too concerned if they've not fitted your second hand one. :blink:

More than likely it was only a new clutch needed anyway. Would be suprised if the flywheel was worn out too.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links