Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help And Advice Needed

peter026

Wife had a phone call from Barclay's debt management this evening, some crook has taken a £12600 loan on her account, and Barclay's were wanting repayment of the loan as it was now outstanding. No wonder she was always overdrawn

Alison is taking the day off tomorrow to see the bank manager and try and sort out this mess. I am hoping she will not be liable.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated by us both.

Many thanks

Can't offer any advise but really sorry to hear this hopefully its a clerical error and not fraudulant coz otherwise it will take longer to sought out

I paid a lot of cash into barclays last year that was left to me by a relative and it went missing a quick chat with the manager had it sorted within minutes hopefully you will too

Wife had a phone call from Barclay's debt management this evening, some crook has taken a £12600 loan on her account, and Barclay's were wanting repayment of the loan as it was now outstanding. No wonder she was always overdrawn

Alison is taking the day off tomorrow to see the bank manager and try and sort out this mess. I am hoping she will not be liable.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated by us both.

Many thanks

Been going through all the bank statements and some from 2005 are missing, this is getting scary, has someone been in the house and taken those statements? The loan was taken out apparently in July 2005. The weekend of the London Lexus meet.

If I've got this right, Alison banks with Barclay's, someone took out a loan with Barclay's in her name. In my experience if you take a bank loan from your bank the funds are deposited by the bank in your account. £12,600 is also an odd amount as usually a loan is in multiples of either £500 or £1,000.

The deposit of the loan will be traceable in her account and any withdrawal of the funds will also be traceable, the withdrawal would have to be almost immediate for it not to show in a few missing statements.

I am sure that there is an error somewhere, like someone has mixed up bank details for repayments and the real borrower is sitting somewhere wondering why the money is not being taken but staying quiet.

Hope it all works out.

Hopefully it's a bank screw up......

A few years ago I had an HSBC USD offshore account that was scammed......successive payments of up to $5,000,000 were transferred into the account and then transferred out again a day later. I contacted the SFO at the Metropolitan Police and they traced it to a money laundering team who were targeting dormant accounts. No one was ever arrested unfortunately.

My Barclaycard got done in summer. someone managed to get the details and racked up around £2k of internet buying over the space of half an hour. Obviously it was dodgy seeing that I hadn't used the card in months, and when I did it was for a few small bills at most. Must of flagged up somewhere and Barlclaycard rang me to confirm if it was me. They then frooze the account and sent me details of all activity on the account. I had to tick those that were mine and send it back.

Job done.

Saw the bank manager today, and Alison said the Signature looks like hers, and apparently it was a consolidation loan to pay off her credit card, seeing as her card has a £2000 limit why would she take out a £12000 loan to pay off what was probably a few hundred £s outstanding, even the Bank manager was a bit flummoxed by the size of the loan, if it was to pay off a credit card.

She took all her statements in, as we keep them for so many years, but we hunted high and low and could not find the statements from June 2005 til Jan 2006

The outcome is that they are now going to investigate it. Result should be back by Monday.

Hopefully it will end in a positive manner, Otherwise we will have to find £11000, to pay it off.

Thanks for all your messages of support.

Peter & Alison

Just an update.Alison went to see the bank manager, and requested a copy of her missing statements. Bank can't get hold of them at the moment, will take a couple of days. A week later and still no sign of these statements, so now the police are involved on the advice of a solicitor, we have also been told to cancel the DD until this is sorted.

The police said to wait for the banks internal fraud system to get in touch, and if not happy then to give them permission to seize all paperwork pertaining to her account and credit card accounts. This permission has already been given, so they are now just waiting for our call.

Once this is sorted the account will be closed, and everything transferred to another bank.

Apparently, according to Alison's Brother, who himself is a bank manager, this type of fraud is not as rare as it seems.

Yeah thats if this fraudulent activity and non payment of direct debits doesn't effect your credit ratting so much that other banks don't want your business :blush:

Sorry Just a thought

Once this is sorted the account will be closed, and everything transferred to another bank.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links