Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Problem With Windows On Is 220d

simon k

i parked my car in the car park at work this morning and 2 hours later i was told that alll the windows were open,when i went out all the windows were half way down?,i know that i didnt put them down as it was freezing this morning so i wouldn't have opened all of them. i am lucky its a secure car park.

anybody else no of this happening i only picked the car up last week.

i am waiting for lexus to ring back with an answer

i parked my car in the car park at work this morning and 2 hours later i was told that alll the windows were open,when i went out all the windows were half way down?,i know that i didnt put them down as it was freezing this morning so i wouldn't have opened all of them. i am lucky its a secure car park.

The car has full opening/closure from the key. When you walked away you must have pressed the open button (were the keys in your pocket?) for a few seconds which starts to wind the windows down. It stops when you stop pressing the key rather than go all the way down with a single press.

It's happened to me when I bent down next to the car once, just more careful now.

i have spoken to lexus who say that they have had similar reports of this happening,it may be that i did catch the button in my pocket to cause the windows to open but you would have thought that if you dont open the doors within a set time that they would close?.

i have got to take the car in on saturday for a check and they will inform lexus of the problem as they have had similar reports

i took car into lexus on saturday and it appears to be ok, they have got a list of customers that this has happened to,which they send to the manufacturer.

they aren't 100% sure that in all cases that its just catching the button in your pocket that causes the windows to open, as they think that in some cases its interference from radio signals from police stations/ fire stations.

I had the same problem, I think the key was in m=wifes bag and when she got in the key was pressed. I personally will not use this feature, may use the close all windows feature. I wonder if it can be disabled, I think its not safe as we have a little dog that might jump out.

There was a spate of this with VW/Audi a while back. I remember we kept coming down to the company car park to find Passats with all their windows wound fully down with no obvious explanation.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same thing happen 3 times now. Had my IS250 since Sept 06. First time it happened was after a week. I had been sitting in my office with the car only parked 40 feet away and came out to find windows half down. I assumed that the button had been pressed in my pocket. Now it happened again last night at my brothers house, I came out this morning to find all of the windows fully down, again I'd been sitting just 30 feet from the car the evening before. Then this morning, it was parked at the golf club. This time I was in the clubhouse and came out to find windows down again. Now I've started to doubt that the button is being pressed in my pocket, it just doesn't seem that likely. I'm definately going to report to Lexus but quite how they isolate the cause of this problem I don't know.

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links