Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mist Problem

RazRazor

Been trying to find out why this is happening to my car since i've had it but cant..

My rear window, and back windows, all mist up all the time!! now driver side has started to do it a bit more!!

Rear ones gettin annoying coz i have to keep the window heater on all the time to clear it, but cant find anything to clear the back ones!!

Anyone got any suggestion as to why this is happen and more important how to fix it???

Cheers

I would have the heater matrix checked.

I had a similar problem with an Audi 80 I had. When it was raining windows would steam up and be full of condensation on the inside. Turned out the heater matrix was buggered and not allowing warm dry air just moist wet air.

Just a thought.

Hi, Is the carpet wet or any signs of a water leak in the car? Even water on the carpet mats from wet soles of shoes can cause condensation. If you wipe the windows with a cloth and then leave it in the car the water will evaporate straight back onto the windows!!!Also try cleaning the windows as a build up of grime on the windows gives the condenstion something to 'grip' to, this is worse if the car is smoked in as the smoke residue is left on the windows making condensation bad. This time of rear is common for cars to get condenstion in the car, use the AC will cure until those sunny days reappear if you can find no reason for condensation build up. The heater matrix problem is also worth a thought.

Hope any of the above helps

Regards 'The pumatron' :winky:

My back window mists while the car is standing but clears quickly once underway, as has been mentioned, always make sure that you have selected to recieve fresh air from the outside, not recurculate, check that the recurculate flap is indeed moving, how clean is your pollen filter? , check for body water leaks or leaks from your heater matrix, I prefer to leave my AC off when the weather is cool to prevent excessive cycling of the ac compressor clutch and thus excessive wear, but do run it now and then just to keep things nicely lubed..

I have been fighting the same problem in my IS200. This is my first autumn/winter in the car and it took me some time to figure out.

Summer setting: I use Auto position, 20.5C, fresh air and Auto speed.

Winter setting: I use Def/face position, 21-21.5C, fresh air and 2-3 on speed (depending on humidity). When I start out in the morning I use only Def (aircon turns on automatically) and when the car has heated up I change back to Def/face.

It sorted out most of my problems but still the windows mist when it is very humid. I could maybe try to set the temperature to max I would just hate the hassle of stripping every time I had to get into the car :P

PS. My pollen filter is completely new and yes, it does take fresh air in (tested it when I sprayed AC cleaner in the inlet)

Cheers people for that.

I have not checked the pollen thingy :P as i did not know i had one, so will have to find out where it is/what it is.

I dont have the A/C on, does this not use more petrol??

Car is normally quite clean, baring sat, and sun after footie.

How much would it be to get heater matrix checked?

I find in our Jazz that if you leave the "Re circ" on it tends to get misty and stay that way. Even with AC on the back screen stays misty.

Leave it to fresh air rather than recirc.

Also, do you do alot of short journeys where the interior stays cold (i.e. the heater never warms the car interior fully)? This could be a cause - it's like "Damp" in the house.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links