Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is250 Impressions

what I want to know is....

can you jump on the (foot operated) handbrake to perform phat 180's? :lol:

IF you disconnected the locking mechanism I'm sure it would be useful for performing all sorts of silly manoeuvres :D :crying:

What's the big deal about the foot operated parking brake? With an auto gearbox, unless you are planning on doing handbrake turns, there's no real need for a "hand" operated handbrake in the centre console.

That means that I would be sitting in jams and at traffic lights blinding the peeps behind like they do to me.

I am one of those that every time I come to a stop I apply the handbrake.

What's the big deal about the foot operated parking brake? With an auto gearbox, unless you are planning on doing handbrake turns, there's no real need for a "hand" operated handbrake in the centre console.

That means that I would be sitting in jams and at traffic lights blinding the peeps behind like they do to me.

I am one of those that every time I come to a stop I apply the handbrake.

well, takes 2 seconds to shift the gearbox into P ..same difference...

A couple of weeks ago i did a run fron Newcastle down to the MPH show in the NEC and managed a round trip on one tank averaged 37.7 from door to door in one day, dammed good for an auto, although the local stuff varies from 23.6 upto 28 depending on how heavy footed i get (lower normally)

PS. Northen boy. where to you hail from, im a Wallsend lad.

Bonjour me old marra! I'm from Heaton. I had a run down to Birmingham and found that at 70mph the engine was ticking over at 2000rpm and returning 37-38 mpg too. Bloody delighted with that.

Yep, thats good enough for me too after an IS200 Sport which practically need to followed by a Shell tanker

the 250 lets me get better VFM on the milage.

Owa Heaton, ill bet its the posh bit near the Hospital.

You just reminded me of a Charlie Browns (exhaust place) radio advert from the late eighties on Metro FM.

"So marra what's wrong with me car??"

"Your over heating"

"No I'm not, I'm in Shiney Row!!" :D

*** this joke will make no sense at all to anyone who doesn't know Newcastle quite well so aplogies :)

It says the manual (don't know if also for is250 but for C5 and mercedes it does). There is written something like: "Do not move the shifter to P or N when standing on lights or in jam. The transmission is constructed to stay on D even for longer period."

The reason is, basically said, every shift is a stress for the transmission and when you move from D to P and vice versa, the transmission shifts unneedfully. It better resist to stay on D for longer time, than to shifts.

:P

A couple of weeks ago i did a run fron Newcastle down to the MPH show in the NEC and managed a round trip on one tank averaged 37.7 from door to door in one day, dammed good for an auto, although the local stuff varies from 23.6 upto 28 depending on how heavy footed i get (lower normally)

PS. Northen boy. where to you hail from, im a Wallsend lad.

Bonjour me old marra! I'm from Heaton. I had a run down to Birmingham and found that at 70mph the engine was ticking over at 2000rpm and returning 37-38 mpg too. Bloody delighted with that.

Yep, thats good enough for me too after an IS200 Sport which practically need to followed by a Shell tanker

the 250 lets me get better VFM on the milage.

Owa Heaton, ill bet its the posh bit near the Hospital.

You just reminded me of a Charlie Browns (exhaust place) radio advert from the late eighties on Metro FM.

"So marra what's wrong with me car??"

"Your over heating"

"No I'm not, I'm in Shiney Row!!" :D

*** this joke will make no sense at all to anyone who doesn't know Newcastle quite well so aplogies :)

Anothor local one

If ya waak t Walker,

bike t Byker,

Waduya dee at Wallsend,

Fall off :P

Obviously we all have different ways of using an autobox.

I just leave mine in 'D' and apply the handbrake at all stops. I found with the IS250 that even when parking my left knee was whacking the underside of the steering wheel when I applied the brake.

I assume then that Lexus have not added any kind of "brake holding" system to the IS250......

After discovering this on my dad's merc recently, it's something I want really badly :shutit:

I assume then that Lexus have not added any kind of "brake holding" system to the IS250......

After discovering this on my dad's merc recently, it's something I want really badly :shutit:

The IS 250 does have an anti roll system fitted, and it works very well. I have tested this on some steep inclines on a few occasions.

The IS 250 does have an anti roll system fitted, and it works very well. I have tested this on some steep inclines on a few occasions.

this is something else. It has to do with SBC brakes (first production combined electric-hydraulic brake system)

When you are standing on lights, you press the brake pedal a bit faster and then release it, but the brakes stay on. It doesn't matter whether you are on downhill, uphill, or flat road. It simulates the handbrake, in this case. When you press the accelerator, the brakes turn off automatically.

There is also other mode, called SBS-S (S for Stau, I think. Stau=traffic jam). After initialization, for moving and stopping up to 30km/h you only press the accelerator (with autobox of course). When you release the accelerator, the car starts to brake and stops automatically with the same deceleration as you accelerated.

Both are pretty handy.

Sorry to keep this :offtopic: for a bit longer, but yeah its the SBC-H (hold) system I was talking about - absolutely brilliant little feature :D

Not heard about this SBC-S thingy, is it on all mercs or is it something that's part of the radar assisted brakes on the new S-class?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links