Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone driven a demo or taken delivery of a 460 yet?

my local Lex dealer has just got their in and while piching up anti rol bar bushes for my old S1 he has offered me a teest drive... :D

Just wondered who else has experienced the ultime already? What did you thing?

Anyone driven a demo or taken delivery of a 460 yet?

my local Lex dealer has just got their in and while piching up anti rol bar bushes for my old S1 he has offered me a teest drive... :D

Just wondered who else has experienced the ultime already? What did you thing?

no way do i want a test drive. i would end up robbing a bank in order to buy one! :D

no way do i want a test drive. i would end up robbing a bank in order to buy one!

GOOD POINT. MIGHT MAKE OUR LS400s SEEM SLUGGISH & NOISY.

HAVE YOU ANY EXPERIENCE OF DRIVING A GETAWAY CAR, MANEESH? MAYBE WE COULD COME TO AN ARRANGEMENT?

• 4 weeks later...

I think the LS400 would make a good getaway car very smooth and fast haha

I was at Lexus Woodford last week and I saw one in the showroom. I didnt even go near it to avoid being heartbroken.

Just think in 7 to 10 years time they will be going for dead cheap money :) Even after 4 or 5 years just watch their value crumble to around one fifth of its brand new list price - it happens to every big engine car in the UK.

I think because of theLexus brand alone, the LS has more personality than the S Class! Although the S Class is very to :blush:

Think they forgot to mention the LS has a better price point to! Still, I guess im a little biased....

That pic which was posted on another topic here not so long agoof the LS in black looks stunning! Ooozes personality! :D

no way do i want a test drive. i would end up robbing a bank in order to buy one!

HAVE YOU ANY EXPERIENCE OF DRIVING A GETAWAY CAR, MANEESH? MAYBE WE COULD COME TO AN ARRANGEMENT?

I can help! The way to do it is drive steadily, and look normal! (Well, that's ME out on the latter!.....?)

I can help! The way to do it is drive steadily, and look normal! (Well, that's ME out on the latter!.....?)

we launched the ls460 today, ive driven the car a few times now and turned someheads with it !!! i like the car really up to date and all the gizmo's on it is brilliant the ls460H isn't out until later on but that should be a proper flying machine if the gs450H is anything to go by !! i LOVE driving those cars !!!

we launched the ls460 today, ive driven the car a few times now and turned someheads with it !!! i like the car really up to date and all the gizmo's on it is brilliant the ls460H isn't out until later on but that should be a proper flying machine if the gs450H is anything to go by !! i LOVE driving those cars !!!

:winky: Yea If you can afford 100K + it might suit, but thats "Supercar" money, and don't forget that on the recent road test of the 460 V8, it only acheived 17MPG!!!!!!! now that's POOR :winky:

If the hybrid prices are going to be in the region of 80 - 100K, at that price i'm sure people will consider the majestic S600 V12 Limo before taking a final decision. If you can afford £100K on a new car and afford to take a massive hit on depreciation, then fuel economy probably isn’t that much of an issue.

If the hybrid prices are going to be in the region of 80 - 100K, at that price i'm sure people will consider the majestic S600 V12 Limo before taking a final decision. If you can afford £100K on a new car and afford to take a massive hit on depreciation, then fuel economy probably isn’t that much of an issue.

:) A very good point taken, but the price range is high and LWB 460's are in that price range also!, I can't understand these car companies, this year in particular is going to be a hard one for them and poeple are going to get another rise in interest rates this summer (predictions). I think with reduced labour costs on most newly produced cars, that the purchase price could be kept somewhat lower. :blush:

:) A very good point taken, but the price range is high and LWB 460's are in that price range also!, I can't understand these car companies, this year in particular is going to be a hard one for them and poeple are going to get another rise in interest rates this summer (predictions). I think with reduced labour costs on most newly produced cars, that the purchase price could be kept somewhat lower. :blush:

I think the LS460 is a fantastic car in terms of spec (I haven’t driven it or anything). But your right John, its going to be a tough year and the competition from the new S-class and the 7 series is pretty stiff. Before Lexus LS could offer similar specs to the Germans for much cheaper money (which is a big reason I went for an LS400 instead of an s-class) but the price gap is closing. I was reading somewhere that Lexus expect the LS460s to find 525 loving homes this year.

What might be a contributing factor to the higher price is that Lexus will build another version of the class leading Tahara plant in Japan, this time exclusively dedicated to the production of the new LS. At the moment Lexus vehicles are produced at Tahara which even at the time of it being built in 1979 set very high standards in automotive production. It’s a bit like the Honda NSX where they had a plant exclusively dedicated to its manufacture. They will need to re-coup that investment. Also developing the complex Hybrid technology probably incurred its fair share of R&D costs.

In the city some are starting to wonder how long the big profits and big bonuses the city banks are paying out will continue for.....

• 2 months later...

I've done quite a few miles in the new LS460 since my Dad got one in January. It is a lovely car. A little noisier than my LS430 but in a "power-hum" kind of way, rather than smelly loud car.

I have a question though, when you are stopped in traffic watching a DVD the screen goes blank when you drive again.

This is a built-in safety measure so the driver does not get distracted. It is very annoying for passangers. Is there a way to remove this safety feature???

Lexus will not do it.

I've done quite a few miles in the new LS460 since my Dad got one in January. It is a lovely car. A little noisier than my LS430 but in a "power-hum" kind of way, rather than smelly loud car.

I have a question though, when you are stopped in traffic watching a DVD the screen goes blank when you drive again.

This is a built-in safety measure so the driver does not get distracted. It is very annoying for passangers. Is there a way to remove this safety feature???

Lexus will not do it.

:shutit: This was one of my "bug bears" with Lexus cars. My Audi's are programable on the move with or without voice control, who wants to stop in the middle of a motorway journey and re-program the sat-nav or make a phone call (through the car system) :sick:

Sorry not me. I can give commands with voice and change almost anything (hands free) on the move.

The prices as you say are much closer to the competitions. Lexus are not without there failings either.

The Alloy Wheels renouned to look S*it inside of one year, and the "soft paint" well stone chips a plenty.

10K service interval using fully synthetic Oil is franky a joke. :whistling:

Lexus will not do it.

:shutit: This was one of my "bug bears" with Lexus cars. My Audi's are programable on the move with or without voice control, who wants to stop in the middle of a motorway journey and re-program the sat-nav or make a phone call (through the car system) :sick:

Sorry not me. I can give commands with voice and change almost anything (hands free) on the move.

The prices as you say are much closer to the competitions. Lexus are not without there failings either.

The Alloy Wheels renouned to look S*it inside of one year, and the "soft paint" well stone chips a plenty.

10K/ one year service interval using fully synthetic Oil is franky a joke. :whistling:

Lets not forget the very poor fuel figures, I could NEVER get anyway near the quoted MPG figures in any Lexus I bought, and I nursed them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links