Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would have no problem putting 95% of Lexus cars I have seen in a line, cover the number plates and mileage up and let anyone have a guess what age and mileage they are

I do honestly think that anyone who doesnt know a lexus would be many years and thousands of miles out in their guess

That is a true sign of quality

When I test drove a 1990 Celsior with the missus last year, I asked how old she thought it was and she said "dunno, 5 or 6 years old?". She was quite shocked when I told her the real age.

:tsktsk: I only wish I'd put my foot down and bought it. A Celsior is next on my list when I tire of the GS.

In case your wondering, the Toyota Celsior is the Jap equivalent of the LS400 but a hell of a lot higher spec and usually a fraction of the cost.

I would have no problem putting 95% of Lexus cars I have seen in a line, cover the number plates and mileage up and let anyone have a guess what age and mileage they are

I do honestly think that anyone who doesnt know a lexus would be many years and thousands of miles out in their guess

When I test drove a 1990 Celsior with the missus last year, I asked how old she thought it was and she said "dunno, 5 or 6 years old?". She was quite shocked when I told her the real age.

:tsktsk: I only wish I'd put my foot down and bought it. A Celsior is next on my list when I tire of the GS.

In case your wondering, the Toyota Celsior is the Jap equivalent of the LS400 but a hell of a lot higher spec and usually a fraction of the cost.

my IS has done 92K miles and no one that has been in it has even thought that it has done anywhere near that sort of milage. most think 40-50k at most as it sounds and looks a lot healthier than friends 30k miles VW's and 50K miles Mercs.

JDM cars are usually in much better condition than UK cars, plus the imports that come over are usually the best of the best (grade 4). The Japanese tend to treat their cars like a member of the family. There are some right dogs dinners of LS400s over here that have been badly neglected.

I've seen some for sale for about £1500 are these classed as dogs, or are they still good at that price they seem to be G or H reg.

I enquired about part-ex'ing my 728 with a P reg LS400 that was for sale for £3995 but was told I would need to put money towards part-ex'ing mine for the Lexus. I even have a private plate worth a grand but they said it's more hassle for us to sell with the car??

I have had my LS for about two months now and everytime I drive it I fall in love with it all over again, it's that good.

IMHO mpg is good for such a large engined car, ride quality is superb and very relaxing. The one thing I will say is if your looking for pin sharp handling the LS may not be for you, the car is designed for a luxury ride as opposed to charging around corners. Having said that it is a powerful car and the ride set up uses that power brilliantly, ie: smooth and effortless.

Lexus servicing is not too bad, I think the biggest service the car needs is around £412 and a small service around £285 and my local dealership offers a priviledge scheme: £25 one off payment which will entitle you to 25% off all servicing and parts.

Insurance is cheap also.

I feel very lucky to own such a fantastic car and would recommend you take one out for a test drive and try the LS experience for yourself.

Good luck with your choice.

i know its off topic but marcus do you or have you been to the golf cousre / driving range in gravesend i just looking at your car and i saw one the other sunday the same colour as yours in the diving range car park

:shifty: yea that was me, say hi next time mate :D

i have no front lip on the bumper so the car looks a bit sad right now :crybaby:

come Jae next year it should be done :winky: im also doing the car a new color :whistling:

yea that was me, say hi next time mate

i think you were parked next to my Ls400

its a good looking car i think if did not have the LS i would have a is as they are a smart looking car

Thats right mate, come to think of it i did park next to a LS400 one/day about a week ago.............. :D

Nice car :winky:

Have driven one today and have to say it was okay. The first thing I noticed apart from the silence is that the steering is very light. It was a 95 M for £2495 with 170k on the clock. The heated seats didn't work, and it had had the brakes done (£1100) a few months back! He said you should also check the suspension on these as that can cost? There was also a scuff on the rear bumper. Checked all electrics worked fine (apart from heated seats). Bodywork looked okay (apart from scuff). Dark Green exterior and beige interior.

He wouldn't give me a part ex on mine as I said I was looking at other Lexus's. Mines a BMW 728i S reg on a 98. Private plate. Full BMWSH. 130K.

Have seen another Lexus on Autotrader with 100K same age etc for the same price?

What am I looking for on these? What do I need to watch out for?

Higher spec indeed including the free firework under the glove box!!!! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links