Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Off! Swapping The Car For A Piece Of Wood...

derekyau

Just thought i'd let you know i'll be off falling down mountains laiden with snowboard.gif snow tomorrow :duh:

Should be fun. Over a dozen people going. Got a whole chalet with sauna/jacuzzi in case it gets too cold/not cold enough-no snow! Staying here

Anyone been/go regularly?

Only main bummer at the moment is the 5am check in tomorrow!!!

Have a good Christmas as well y'all!

D. :luck: :hohoho: :luck:

i would do some serious checking mate as there is hardly any snow about - only just enough to cover the slopes and that is being kind!!!

i wanted to go this weekend but im not going to bother anywhere local until end of dec unless there is a massive dump.

just checked and only 16 out of the 84 lifts in Alpe D'Huez are open - wouldnt bother TBH mate.

My mates doing a season out in Alpe D'Huez you might bump into him LOL His names Ben Lentz if you do :)

I would check snow as well not meant to be much around.

Im off to Le Corbier in Jan then to Val d'isere in feb :D money going to take a bit of a hit in the new year lol

Also gone and bought a new board as well Burton Baron ES :) very nice indeed glad you cant see the price heheheh

16122006619.jpg

mmmm very nice board but expensive £ rrp 470!!

i have been hoping to pop down to Grindelwald or Gstaad for a day but so far i have not bothered, grindel only has 60cm at the top and that was a result of 1 nights dump 2 weeks ago!!

So far the start to the season has been shocking, I jusy hope it returns to normal ASAP, its a shame to see bus loads of brits expecting to ski and then looking at green flields - or rocks in many cases.

im keeping an eye on snow-forecast for any news!

snow is starting to fall in places at last LoL im not paying £470 my sisters got a burton Pro riders card which means we can order 2 of everything for trade price :D thank *** for that or i wouldnt be getting half the stuff LOL

So far the start to the season has been shocking, I jusy hope it returns to normal ASAP, its a shame to see bus loads of brits expecting to ski and then looking at green flields - or rocks in many cases.

I guess we're seeing global warming in action here - or so they'd have us believe!

Going to make it a new years resolution to go on a snowboarding holiday somewhere!

I guess we're seeing global warming in action here - or so they'd have us believe!

Going to make it a new years resolution to go on a snowboarding holiday somewhere!

Go to Canada mate - and board on real snow... not all this ice the Europeans like to pretend is nice to slide down :lol:

Go to Canada mate - and board on real snow... not all this ice the Europeans like to pretend is nice to slide down :lol:

Ice seperates the Men from the Boys....

I'm still a Boy when it comes to ice :lol: I just ride it out and pray I don't ditch it :lol::lol::lol:

ah you are not a true master of the european ice until you have hit a large patch,fell knocked yourself out and then had to go for a CT scan - ahem.

but to be honest the only ice i have come across is at low resorts or near the end of the season when you get thaw/freeze - if thats the case then I just go to zermatt! top station is 12,800 ft.

ELLZ: u lucky git would be good to get all that stuff! bet ur happy it has started to snow - otherwise how are the slopes?

my parents live in the rockys, they can ski down in to the back garden, onto the deck, and get in the hot tub...........

and just before winter they get these in the back garden.....(this is..Actually there back garden)

gallery_1290_100_9110.jpg

i'm soooo jealous Mat!

I'd love to live there! so if your parents know of any good jobs going!

they actually live in Kamloops.

depends what sort of jobs your looking for, i think theres a job going in the local Wendys

anything would do! I just don't know if wendy's would pay enough to be able to spend the winter on the slopes!

• 2 months later...

we went to grindelwald a while back with a few mates and a lovely young lady :wub::whistling: the snow wasnt the best but not too bad for this year, here is a very quick vid from one of the days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLCsON2r4jw there is meant to be a decent dump at most places on sunday or monday night so think i will go to Gstaad or Laax tomorrow for a few days....... if i can be bothered to get out of bed!

anyone else in the area??

we went to grindelwald a while back with a few mates and a lovely young lady :wub::whistling: the snow wasnt the best but not too bad for this year, here is a very quick vid from one of the days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLCsON2r4jw there is meant to be a decent dump at most places on sunday or monday night so think i will go to Gstaad or Laax tomorrow for a few days....... if i can be bothered to get out of bed!

anyone else in the area??

Not around that area but wish i was

heres a quick vid of me in val, i couldnt hold my phone for that long my hand got so cold LoL

it looks empty!!!! i was going to go there the past days but went to laax instead.... the cloud was low( read " couldnt see 10 ft in front" ) but it snowed for the past 48 or so hours so loads of powder - nice....... ill go again next week

• 2 weeks later...

well guys a last minute trip planned this morning i am off to Zermatt for 6 days snowboard.gif going to jump on the train instead of driving as its only 4hours away and a lot cheaper than the car! weather looks fantastic for the next days!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links