Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Foglights To Sidelights Mod!

first of all, yes I did a search on the forum :)

the thing is, i only found diy's to do the foglights to brakelights mod.

I want to do the full mod so they run together with the backlights, and work as brakelights - foglights too.

And i didn't found any tutorial of this.

Only that i had to order 2 x 81555-53010, dual filament holder. I did this today at the lexus dealership.

But he didn't know what lights i needed to order for it.

Can anyone help me how to install them and what part nr the lights are?

thanks!!

The bulbs are exactly the same as the brakes as there doing the same job i'd assume.

How much did your lamp holders cost as i've done the brake mod but need the dual filament holders to do the full mod.

it was +-59 euro for both, thats around 36 pounds i think

do you know how to do the full mod?

.......Obviously not enough!! :duh: :tomato: ......there are loads of threads on this topic.....this should be what your after LINK.....although from what i can remember other members have found other ways of doing it...im sure rob wrote this up, and he was the first to do it, so stick with it and you cant go wrong!!.....also gave me useful tips when i was doing mine :)

.......Obviously not enough!! :duh: :tomato: ......there are loads of threads on this topic.....this should be what your after LINK.....although from what i can remember other members have found other ways of doing it...im sure rob wrote this up, and he was the first to do it, so stick with it and you cant go wrong!!.....also gave me useful tips when i was doing mine :)

but isn't that the tutorial for only having them as brakelights?

if you want it as break & tail you will need the dual filalment bulb holder.....it will need modifiying slightly to fit in the fog light lens.....the tutorial shows how to set up the brake light, as for the tail light you can tap into the live either from the one of the existing tail lights, or from the number plate light :)

if you want it as break & tail you will need the dual filalment bulb holder.....it will need modifiying slightly to fit in the fog light lens.....the tutorial shows how to set up the brake light, as for the tail light you can tap into the live either from the one of the existing tail lights, or from the number plate light :)

As i wrote above i ordered the dual filalment bulb holders.

Can anyone provide me a step by step tutorial for this?

thanks in advance

as has been said, before, its easy if you have the double fillament lamp holders which he has as you just take a feed from the number plate lights, them acting as tail lamps is easy, its the fog to brake thats the involved process, hence the link for the fog to brake.....

if you just want the fogs to be fogs, use the double fillament bulb holder, and on the second set of wires use the feed from the number plate lights.....

I know that. You know that.

I think 86 needs more basic assistance given that his 1st Q was what bulbs to use.

@eightysix: you need to use the brake mod given above connected to the 21watt filament of your dual filament holder AND also connect a direct feed from the number plate lamp to the 5w filament.

Maybe someone else can tell you which is which if you can't figure it out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links