Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Great Present. Try My Music List!

Chris Skelton

As I was buying a Kitchen in IKEA, (as you do.... :blush: ) I almost bought a CD wallet. BUT....now I have a Lexus Owners one!!

Thanks chaps!! You obviously noted from my 'posts' that I'm a Hi-Fi/music fan?(Oh yeah! :o )

So, in return, here's a list of the contents I'll take in the lovely new wallet, on my up-coming N-Z trip!

Mariza. 'Fado em mim'

Pat Metheny Group. 'Road to you'.

Misia 'Fado'

Gotan Project.'Revancha del Tango'

Ojos de Brujo 'Bari' (or DVD?)

'One World, One music' (it's a kind of musical chain-letter from 'One world day' about 12 years back)

Paco de Lucia 'Luzia'

David Sanborn 'Closer'

John Hiatt 'Live from the Budokan'

Vinicius Cantuaria 'Horse and Fish'.

Milton Nascimento 'Angelus'.

Anita Baker 'My everything'.

David Lindley 'Very greasy'

Los Lobos 'Live at Fillmore' (or 'Good morning Aztlan'?)

Boz Scaggs 'Dig'

Son de la Frontera.

Tom Waits' new triple CD as I haven't listened yet, and Carole, my partner loves his music.

Michel Camilo and Tomatito 'Spain'

Enrique Morente. 'Suenas a Alhambra'

Juan Habichuela. 'Zambra'.

Julio Iglesias. 'Un hombre solo'.

Andreas Vollenweider 'Live'

A bit different to all that Metal music list I recall a few months back on here? Quite Spanish leaning!

Thanks again and Seasoned greetings.

Drive, don't drink?

Herewith follows other lists?

i like Los lobos, got some tracks of theres from a fair few years ago

GREAT band. Got all their stuff from days when i first heard them....which IS a long time back....25 years?

Just going to have a little rest! :)

Are those your speakers? What are they and how good are they? They look awesome (especially if you can get them in black :whistling: )

I need to sort my audio out soon but have no idea where to start........

Are those your speakers? What are they and how good are they? They look awesome (especially if you can get them in black :whistling: )

I need to sort my audio out soon but have no idea where to start........

Yes, mine!

Avantgarde Duos.

Yes, available in many colours.

Absolutely amazing sound. Can run on 4 watts as VERY efficient. Had Klipschorns for 25 years, but these even better.

BUT.....cost about £15,000!!

PM me about stereo if you like....Good buys on eBay if you're patient (like the speakers!)

B)

Horn speakers :o

Wow they must sound awesome!

Do you run off standard amps or valve?

Not actually sure whether valve amps are rated in watts?

Yes, watts are standard!

BUT it all depends on how sensitive your speakers are (a bit like power-to-weight in cars,perhaps.)

My horns take about ten times LESS power to produce the same volume as a 'normal' speaker. So....ten times less room for distortion, etc.

Valve amps always considered better (simpler circuit = less in way of signal.)

I use DNM (Solid-state) amp, hand crafted things that (also!) cost lots.

BUT, I reckon digital amps will arrive to blow THAT concept away! Sonic Impact amps cost about £30 (yes, £30!!!!) and sound as good as valves...IF you have sensitive speakers.

All of a sudden, speaker sensitivity becomes important! Have a lovely pair of Snells running from a Sonic, that sound GREAT!

The Duos are fantastic. Box speakers just can't compete with horns. It's simple physics; less distortion, amazing dynamics, great sensitivity.

Nuances on records you never heard before appear.

It's not just about Volume (unless you're 21?) but detail, ambience, reality. etc. Friends have literally jumped out of chairs at dynamics! :D

But horns DO cost a bit.

Still, once you've got them, its for life. Had the Klipschs for 25 years, Will keep these......

(Imagine; Nursing home room, 10 X 12.....one chair, horns, racks of CDs....) :whistling::whistling:

Wondered if maybe even though you'd typed the price of the Sonic Impact amps there twice, that maybe it was a typo!

What an amazing bit of kit they are!

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

Really tempted to try one out now!

I've got the 'Son of Sonic' version, which is the same chip but with Aluminium case and better terminals. It's quite a trip trying to believe the quality! (After all, I've been 'into' hi-fi for longer than many on here have been alive!!) The Sonic DOES distort at high volumes, but sounds very clear and detailed at normal levels. It COULD run my big horns quite easily (the bass unit has built-in amps)but I still stick with my DNM (until a good offer arrives? £1000? It's a 'Six-pack' Pre/PA-1 power set up)

Another good digital buy is the Panasonic SA-HR70 A/V receiver which is fully digital (as in - no d/a, then back to a/d changes with CD. Keeps sound better.And 5.1 surround too!

Am waiting for :offtopic: to appear any minute!

Happy listening! B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links