Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do i change my wndscreen wipers on my 1993 Lexus LS400

I have done the passenger side as this is straight forward and very much like all other cars, but the drivers side, yeah, now thats a different story............. anybody out there that can help me i would be very grateful.

thanks

Simon

I'm waiting for the same answer!

So far its flumoxxed 2 of my mates who consider themselves to be 'mechanics' (and me obviously), trouble is, it looks like it might break and cost a fortune to replace, so I just replace the rubbers every time its needed!

Cheers

Dave

It is a difficult change...I finally managed it but dont know how !....it just suddenly come off !...then the Bosch replacement was an eq :crybaby: ual struggle...as you say passenger easy...drivers not !...I had 2 mechanics and a Autoglass guy flummoxed ! ...good luck !

i changed my blades the other day it only took me 2 mins i dont know if the mk2s are differnt but my k3 was easy

but i have not got any mk2s around my way to look at so i can not say

and dave pruce i have heard of you from some were but i cant think were do you or have you been down to luton garage

lutonmatt - I dont think that I've been in luton garage (not even sure where it is!) but if thats where you work I might drop in sometime.

I some 'sport' with a black LS with dark windows on the Hoath Way a couple of years ago but not seen it since.

Dave

Ok.................

Finally did it

1. Opened the bonnet,

2. unscrewed the two small screws holding the additional small arm on, to release this arm.

3. Undid the bolt holding the main wiper arm on.

4. Took the whole wiper off the car

5. lifted locking clip, by using a screwdriver to get lift it.

6. after a while and many attempts of pulling and pushing, i released the wiper in the normal way.

7. changed the wiper

8. screwed the 2 small screws in on the additional arm, so this lined up the main arm.

9. bolted the main arm back in place.

10. Closed bonnet

Job done

I hope this helps others.

I know its a long way round to do it, but it was the only and best way i could find.

Simon

• 3 months later...

Everybody does that mistake first time with the drivers side.

Just do Number 5 on the list below. Reverse to put new one on.

Ok.................

Finally did it

1. Opened the bonnet,

2. unscrewed the two small screws holding the additional small arm on, to release this arm.

3. Undid the bolt holding the main wiper arm on.

4. Took the whole wiper off the car

5. lifted locking clip, by using a screwdriver to get lift it.

6. after a while and many attempts of pulling and pushing, i released the wiper in the normal way.

7. changed the wiper

8. screwed the 2 small screws in on the additional arm, so this lined up the main arm.

9. bolted the main arm back in place.

10. Closed bonnet

Job done

I hope this helps others.

I know its a long way round to do it, but it was the only and best way i could find.

Simon

I did mine the other day and as mentioned in last post get the wipers in the vertical position then on the drivers side there is a hinged clip which has to be lifted 1st ( hinge is furthest away from the wiper arm) prise it up carefully then give the blade assy a good tug downwards make sure you don't allow the arm to hit the windscreen when the blde releases or put some padding underneath 1st

Here are a couple of pictures to assist ( for reference wiper arm enters from the right side)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...720_36_0001.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...720_37_0001.jpg

I just bought the rubber from Lexus dealer for around £6.50 with the Vat, Also bought two new keys and chip for my car which they did mention If my car has has new lock fitted I'm buggered and item are nonrefunable(£163)

This might turn out to be the dearest drivers wiper change ever. £170 for 20 inches of rubber, Then again that's about the price of such an item a woman might pay for 20inches of rubber(hehe).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links