Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Aerial Amplifier Power

Just got the infamous amplifier by-pass lead from eBay. Fitted it and it works excellently.( Although i almost went insane trying to access the Amp). To finish it off I need to connect the Aerial amplifier power lead to the head unit. Does anybody know how this is done? I know there is a blue/white cable with the lead that needs to be connected to the thin black wire of the aerial lead. Anybody any pics of how they connected theirs....... :duh:

Just got the infamous amplifier by-pass lead from ebay. Fitted it and it works excellently.( Although i almost went insane trying to access the Amp). To finish it off I need to connect the Aerial amplifier power lead to the head unit. Does anybody know how this is done? I know there is a blue/white cable with the lead that needs to be connected to the thin black wire of the aerial lead. Anybody any pics of how they connected theirs....... :duh:

i have the same, but everything works fine wihout it connected

If you look at the loom behind the stereo theres a single black wire that comes off to a white connector then off into the car. Use a scotch lock to splice into the wire. And that should be that.

If you look at the loom behind the stereo theres a single black wire that comes off to a white connector then off into the car. Use a scotch lock to splice into the wire. And that should be that.

Excellent, thank you!!

Done the same here, scotch lock worked fine. Seems better reception than the old radio, might have to see how the stubby aerial works now.

where can i connect the remote amp cable from the HU? is the a wire on the loom for this too?

Done the same here, scotch lock worked fine. Seems better reception than the old radio, might have to see how the stubby aerial works now.

where can i connect the remote amp cable from the HU? is the a wire on the loom for this too?

You'll need to run a wire from your headunit to the amp. Whats the make and model of the HU?

You'll need to run a wire from your headunit to the amp. Whats the make and model of the HU?

Ye have the wire run already, but there is a wire coming from the HU(Pioneer P55BT) labelled as remote system control , but when i connect it to this the amp wont turn on. Its currenlty connected to a constant 12v wire on the HU which im sure will drain the Battery a lot quicker on me

Ah, not too sure then mate. The only thinkg I can find to saying to connect the blue/white wire coming from the back of the radio to your amp. As in this diagram

Install Diagram

ye have connected all the wires possible in all possible number of combinations so ive ran out of ideas! Cheers anyway Lee ill have another mess around with it later on

Just got the infamous amplifier by-pass lead from ebay. Fitted it and it works excellently.( Although i almost went insane trying to access the Amp). To finish it off I need to connect the Aerial amplifier power lead to the head unit. Does anybody know how this is done? I know there is a blue/white cable with the lead that needs to be connected to the thin black wire of the aerial lead. Anybody any pics of how they connected theirs....... :duh:

Does any1 have a pic of how to connect the aerial to this new lead, I may have ago this friday so a pic would be really helpful guys thanks.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hahaha, I went **** crazy trying to get my hand behind the amp.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links