Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting Development Re Err3?

hi all

i bought new 13902 h/u from eBay, to replace ERR3 unit on mine, guy said i could collect and see it working (fair do's).

Took my car over, switched units, but as soon as i plugged in, all 6 cd's shown as loaded and ERR3 came up when CD button was selected...EXACTLY the same fault as on my unit.

NOW...here's the thing, the guy was adamant that he had seen the unit working and i have no reason to doubt him. SO...do you think it is possible that the fault may lie somewhere OTHER than the head unit?

if i were to purchase a brand new unit, for example, and plugged into my IS200, you think it's possible that i will get the same error?

the err3 refers to the loading mechanism of the unit - i cant see any way that can be influenced from outside.

like many many people we have had the faulty radio unit replaced and it was a straight plug and play with the new unit working fine on installation

Err 3 was supposed to be mostly on the older headunits that have the CD loader at the bottom.... newer units with the loader on top are supposed to be fine.... which one have you got?

As for it being something else..... i don't think so, as a few guys on here got their units "reconditioned" internally and all seems fine now.

You would be mad to purchase a brand new one as they cost Hundreds and hundreds....

Get yourself a nice aftermarket unit, bit more involved fitting it to an SE but theres supposed to be a good adapter now available on eBay... :)

Err 3 was supposed to be mostly on the older headunits that have the CD loader at the bottom.... newer units with the loader on top are supposed to be fine.... which one have you got?

As for it being something else..... i don't think so, as a few guys on here got their units "reconditioned" internally and all seems fine now.

You would be mad to purchase a brand new one as they cost Hundreds and hundreds....

Get yourself a nice aftermarket unit, bit more involved fitting it to an SE but theres supposed to be a good adapter now available on Ebay... :)

i wouldnt think of buying a new one..i just wanted to put things into context, it just seemed very coincidental that his unit showed exactly as mine did.

i do have the option of £275 repair of my unit i guess...or replace with aftermarket+adaptor lead.

Still not sure about whether people like the new sound. and the cost would be about £200+

err3 is generally a jammed disc, just take the top off and take the cd out. you may need to cut it out but then all will be fine . ive done it with mine. if your not sure. send me the unit and i can get it out.

i had err 3 which had all 6 discs in there, i took out the unit & managed to retrieve them, but since then it still thinks its fully loaded. Did yours reset itself after you got the cd out?

err3 is generally a jammed disc, just take the top off and take the cd out. you may need to cut it out but then all will be fine . ive done it with mine. if your not sure. send me the unit and i can get it out.

i had err 3 which had all 6 discs in there, i took out the unit & managed to retrieve them, but since then it still thinks its fully loaded. Did yours reset itself after you got the cd out?

Did yours reset itself after you got the cd out?

its a ***** playr but im still amazed at how its built its a 6cd changer n player in the space of single din amazing how compact it is

pitty it dont work tht well LOL

yeah, amazing technology, ***** piece of kit....

tbh, i am gobsmacked that lexus seem to just pass this all off as nothing, and accept no responsibility. After all this is a LUXURY top of the range motor car, built to the highest standards with the finest materials...isnt it??

The CD unit has a design FAULT, it does not perform as it is supposed to, under trading standards regulations they should be held accountable, surely.

and furthermore, i cannot get my head around the reaction of Lexus owners to this problem...Oh yes, err3 problem, very common £300 for repair...there you go, have a nice day...i meeeeean....come ON!!!

no-one seems to know just what the fault is...and what exactly constitutes a £300 repair bill. I bet there is a reset switch somewhere and someone is taking the mick, its tantamount to extortion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links