Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tv Screen For Is200

ABT

Hi there,

I'm glad you've asked this question cos I'm intrigued to know the answer too!

What I can tell you though is that the tray on top of the radio (I assume that's what you call the lint tray?) is where the Sat Nav goes. There's a screen which folds down flat into it. I've fortunately come across the fitting kit for the sat nav, but without the screen/sat nav bits and so am thinking of putting a tv screen there. The advantage of doing that is that it will look factory fit-because you could use the standard sat nav parts (the cover, the motor, the fitments, the carrier). Also, there'll be space underneath the tray, so wiring and such like wouldn't prove too much of a problem.

Unfortunately I dont have any pics, but somebody else may do.

Sorry if not too much help - but good luck with it.

try this link for a double din cover - http://www.autotoys.com/ (click on "search", type in "is 300" ) and try this link for a widescreen tv/cd/dvd unit all in one . so no need to ***** about with drilling holes or pulling your dash apart . http://www.centurionsystems.co.uk/in-car-e...edlinedvd.shtml ..........................jon :P :P :P

Alpine do a motorized pop-out one, as Simon says. in the standard DIN size kit.

A mate of mine had one in a Mitsubishi GTO with the satnav etc, it was the dogs. The screen, when open, became touch-screen operation for the mutli-changer etc. and folded neatly back inside the unit/dash when switched off, hence the smack-heads' beady little eyes could not spy it whilst cruising the pub car parks.

Hi there, I have a Kenwood motorised screen and cd player in place of my original head unit. The fascia plate I made a while ago but as above you can purchase one now. Both of my units are Mask units, when the ignition is off the the tv folds itself back into the dash and the cd player face turns over to show you a black plate.

Headunits1.sized.jpg

I knew there was one around somewhere!! :P

I am having my screen mounted in the glove box! basically it is to be used for the new engine management system and gauges, so it will be out of sight when the car is locked up and I can fold it out when i'm driving.

Cheers

Si

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ukazn what games console are you using in there?Very cool! B)

I will be collecting my Is200 SE in just under 2 weeks now and I am intending to get a sat nav/tv fitted and ideally I would like this to be in the top tray (what you guys seem to be calling the lint tray) Does anyone know of anyone who has successfully done that already? I have contacted Alpine and am currently awaiting there response and I will be visitng various car audio centres so If I come up with anything Ill let you know.

cheers

Pit

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links