Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im Doing It People. Spraying My Lights

sorted vti

no the wiring doesnt need to be extended at all. if anything made shorter but no need really.

Not sure if you've tried it but Brasso works great on the headlights to bring the external up again like new, did it on the IS and on the Aristo and both sets were transformed after a bit of elbow grease with Brasso and kitchen roll!!

yeah thats what we use at work to polish acrylic. totally slipped my mine that one!!!! cheers for the reminder.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah do it man. id stick to black tho. not sure if it would look right with the blue inside the lights. but u never know it could look pretty cool.

try it and balance the lights in position before u seal them up. if u dont like it then put a coat or 2 of black over the top

I dont have access to an oven at the moment, could i use a microwave?? or a hairdryer to loosen the silicon, im thinking about trying it out on the fogs first to see how it turns out

si

use a hairdryer or carefully use a heat gun

dont use a microwave !!!

fogs are the same as the headlights

soften the seal and gently pull apart

• 3 months later...
still got the horns. just dropped them down behind the front bumper. just below where they normally are theres 2 threaded holes so just got smaller bolts and moved the horns down

Really sorry for bringing up an old topic, probably should have started a new one :blush:

Anyway do you have anypics of the holes you hv used? Are they the ones in the crashbar? Also what size bolts did you use?

Cheers

Lee.

no worries mate.

erm cant really remember what holes they were. yeah they are in the crash bar. on the back of it.

it will all become apparent what holes u use when u take the grill off. i think i used the same bolts as what the horns were origianlly fixed with.

still got the horns. just dropped them down behind the front bumper. just below where they normally are theres 2 threaded holes so just got smaller bolts and moved the horns down

Really sorry for bringing up an old topic, probably should have started a new one :blush:

Anyway do you have anypics of the holes you hv used? Are they the ones in the crashbar? Also what size bolts did you use?

Cheers

Lee.

I think he just means the holes we were looking at at the NW meet mate.

Stav

I think he just means the holes we were looking at at the NW meet mate.

Stav

Thats what I though, just tried it today, the 12mm bolts holding them on at the minute won't fit in the holes :( I'll have to try when I got more time.

yeah i dont think i used different bolts. i might of even used a fixing point that something else was fixed to aswell.

sorry i cant be much help

yeah i dont think i used different bolts. i might of even used a fixing point that something else was fixed to aswell.

No worries mate, i'll take a look tomorrow now when its a bit brighter :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links