Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Autolocking

Does anybody know if it is possible to have the doors automatically lock when driving rather than trying to remember to push the button?

Yes I know pushing the button is easy, I'm just lazy... and my last car used to do it and I quite like the feature.

:)

I think they forgot to put it in as a feature. BMWs and mercs has it.

It's a standard feature in the IS 250 & 350 in the States, so why not in Europe and Australasia? :unsure:

last week I spoke with the dealer and he told me that he is waiting for new additional equipment for IS and there might be also an automatic door locker.

lets wait and see.

Some vehicles have a "combination" that must be completed before this feature is activated. For example, the locking and unlocking of the car using the key fob, then opening the door then starting the engine. Almost like a 'trade secret' that is applied to a vehicle to enable such features. Suppose they could also be known as Easter Eggs :)

Jamie

It's a standard feature in the IS 250 & 350 in the States, so why not in Europe and Australasia? :unsure:

Because lexus were initially made for the US and so the US practically designed it... :winky:

Not just BMs and Mercs, can't think of a car that doesn't have it :blink:

Even a peugeot 307 has it...and you can even change the settings yourself on many cars!!

And almost all American cars have it...

As a victyim of potential car jacking twice in recent years, I think it should be standard on every car.

You must be talking absolutely brand-new models only right? Cos I've owned or driven Vauxhalls, VWs, Audis, Nissans, Fords, Lexus, Mercs, BMWs and Toyotas extensively in the last 5 years, and not a single vehicle from any of those makes has had autolocking doors.

In fact I can only think of one that does - the common London black cab!

Mike

You must be talking absolutely brand-new models only right? Cos I've owned or driven Vauxhalls, VWs, Audis, Nissans, Fords, Lexus, Mercs, BMWs and Toyotas extensively in the last 5 years, and not a single vehicle from any of those makes has had autolocking doors.

Mike

Nope not sure how far back it goes but for arguments sake, pretty much anything that's at least a year old either has it, or its a function that can be activated by a dealer.

Even just talking about Lexus, they've had it customisable on their cars for years in the US, just not in the UK :angry:

Speaking of black cabs, does anyone know why the doors are locked when its stationary, then just before moving the doors unlock, and then lock again - what's that all about?

Mike

I'm sorry, I had a Renault Megane II (year 2000) and it closed the doors automatically, and my new IS doesn't do, it's a pity

Some vehicles have a "combination" that must be completed before this feature is activated. For example, the locking and unlocking of the car using the key fob, then opening the door then starting the engine. Almost like a 'trade secret' that is applied to a vehicle to enable such features. Suppose they could also be known as Easter Eggs :)

Jamie

That's how I got the feature on my previous car (a Mondeo 2.0 tdci Ghia X). Lock and unlock the door from the inside 5 times then turn the ignition on and lock and unlock once more and wait for the beep (or something like that). Point is you'd never guess the sequence.

It is a crazy situation though :duh:

Too right, but why think of other cars for? it'll only make you more sad....

• 1 month later...

They thought its unsafe to play dvd while you are moving and etc, but its ok to leave the door open to a car thieves ????????????

Even the 2005 A class merc we got have this function.

(are we expecting a lot from our IS for £30000)

:-)(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links