Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Assistance Required Nowe If Possible

Yep, this is extremely late notice but I have seen an IS for sale in Manchester and I wondered if there were any really swatted up Lexus IS200 owners or engineers etc that would be able to come along with me or meet up somewhere to help check the car over.

Once again extremely late notice but I don't wanna miss this one if I can....

Thanks,

Jamie

I know this is a big ask but I would really really appreciate it!

ul be fine mate im sure.

just check everything works and doesnt make noises it shouldnt. check panel gaps and signs of overspray. lift oil filler cap and check the oil. just check everything!! it doens matter how long ur there!!!

check documents are real and suss the guy out himself as to wether the car isnt stolen or anything.

oh and 1 thing u should definitely do is an hpi check!!!

Hi there all,

Can't thank Gord enough for his help. Thanks Lee for forwarding my needs on :)

As Gord said, the documentation was very sloppy and seemed pretty ropey. Number plates didn't match on the MOT etc and the seller started to get tangled up in her own lies. Fool.

I was pretty razzed off as we were lied to initially as she said it had a full service history and on arrival, she couldn't find any of it.

In Gord's words, whoever had fitted the aftermarket head unit had "butchered" the wires and there were no ISO connectors present for a reinstall of the original unit, which she had "lost".

Never mind, I could've let it go and turned the page in the Autotrader and been really miffed that I had missed a good 'un - obviously though now we know I didn't.

I think this one can be deemed a "LEMON"!!!

Over the weekend of my birthday, three IS200 Sports came up for sale and after phoning up and arranging to go, they all sold to people wanting finance. Only after phoning to let them know I was on my way did I find out they'd sold. Grrrrrrr!

Cheers for your help Gord, it was and is appreciated.

Jamie

i hate buying and selling cars. thats why i always end up keeping a car for years on end!!! got sooo dissapointed when i couldnt get to the cars in time before they were sold. were loads that were sold before i arrived

yeah well done gord.

if i was closer id probably have offered my services.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links