Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 - Colour Opinions Please!

javaboss

Ohhhh... the agony continues!

I've just picked up a copy of this week's AutoCar this morning and there is the final long term test article on the IS300 SportCross. Yep, it's got an Oakham interior and it looked very grubby indeed. I'm sure I keep my car much cleaner than a magazine fleet car, but I think I'm going to have to take Chris's advice and go for a black interior. Which leaves me with the decision about the outside colour.

My wife thinks that a dark interior with a dark exterior colour would overall be toooo dark. I'm not sure. What colour is your interior Claire?

Oh, and the lads at work also said that I had such a 'hard' decision to make in choosing the colour of a shiny new Lexus! :D :D :D :D

The best colours for resale are Platinum Ice, Strathcaron Blue, Astral Black and Granite Sky. Also best to stick with the Exmoor Interior. Other colours are simply worth less come resale, although things can change as colours can go out of fashion. The cheapest IS200s available are always Green/Red/Gold/White. But it is your money!

My wife thinks that a dark interior with a dark exterior colour would overall be toooo dark. I'm not sure. What colour is your interior Claire?

My car is the sapphire blue (the colour before the strathcaron blue) and has the black Exmoor interior. I liked the tan colour but with a husband, dog and then a baby, knew it would be difficult to maintain.

Now, I actually prefer the black, it all looks really good with the dark blue. Where are you based, if you and your wife want to have a look at the car for yourselves, you'd be very welcome.

Claire

The wife doesn't like green cars. I've got the feeling that we are going to end up with Strathcarcon blue with the exmoor interior (the light grey piping on the seats should lighten up the interior).

I can't bring myself to have a 3rd Platinum Ice! The Granite Sky may be up for consideration though.

My wife think's I'll be Lexus Hadleigh's best customer! This will be the 3rd new car I will buy from them since September 2000! :D

Claire - I live in Langdon Hills (just outside Basildon in Essex) Thanks for the offer.

I'm going down to the body shop tomorrow morning to get my stuff out of the car (CD's etc) and take some pictures with a digital camera. I'll post them here when I've taken them! I want to empty the car out as the body shop said it would leave for the salvage yard pretty quickly if it's written off tomorrow by the insurance assessor.

I'll let you all know what he says tomorrow.

I went down to the body shop this afternoon.

Here are some pictures my wife took:

http://www.javaboss.com/car.html

Here is what needs fixing (that I can remember) Sorry about the image sizes, just shoved them on my website! You'll need broadband!

1) New rear suspension.

2) New subframe.

3) New floor protection.

4) Rear seat damage.

5) New side airbig.

6) New near-side front wing.

7) New rear door (plus inside panel)

8) New near side suspension.

9) Two new wheels + tyres.

10) Recondition other two wheels.

11) Remove, measure + re-align petrol tank.

.... the list continues.....

The list continued, but I can't remember all that they told me. However, the manager of the body shop did say that most of the serious damage is under the car. He said that the car was "Knackered on the underside".

I'm cross my fingers for tomorrow. If it's not written off I'll just sell the heap. I'm ordering a new IS200 at the weekend come what may :D

The list continued, but I can't remember all that they told me. However, the manager of the body shop did say that most of the serious damage is under the car. He said that the car was "Knackered on the underside".

I'm cross my fingers for tomorrow. If it's not written off I'll just sell the heap. I'm ordering a new IS200 at the weekend come what may :D

Just ordered my car,should recieve it mid April

hey java.

it is hard to decide on a colour for a new car.

i got the blue colour with the cream iterior and i love it.

black trousers leave the side of the seats dark after a while but when you clean it with some leather cleaner it goes back to like new. and it aint too bad anyway unless you really look hard at it (i do) i clean the seats in mine once a month and generally the dash and glass every week.

i DID find the cream carpets too be fckin nightmare though but they look real good with the rest of the interior and so i went and got clear plastic mats for front and rear carpets. just put them over the top of the cream carpets and you can still see them.

personnal taste mate but i aint got kids and my rottweiler sure as hell aint goin in the lexus.

overall the car looks gorgeous with the blue exterior and cream interior. now my windows are tinted you can still tell the interior was cream from the outside but i think it makes the car look ace.

if i get a cam this week i'll post some pics by thursday mate

goodluck anyways

:)

I think the difference is whether it is a factory order or not. 2-3 weeks would be if they either already have one in stock or have one being delivered soon.

Yeah mines a factory order

Cheers guys, some piccy's of the inside (scrathcaron blue/oakham) would be great!

I'm working from home today and am waiting for the call from the body shop once the assessor has been down.

I've printed out 9 different cars from the Lexus website and they're all priced at £18k with 20-30k miles on the clock. There's even a 2001 Y IS200 SE auto with 8k for £18,995!!!

I'm preparing myself for war with the insurance company though :ph34r:

Fingers crossed for you that you get it written off. Have to agree with Chris though that it looks rescuable from what is visible. The bodyshop will probably want the job, and I guess the insurance assessor will make his decision based on their quote and his inspection. As I say fingers crossed and I hope you have a positive outcome. I would recommend GAP insurance on your next one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links