Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is200 - Colour Opinions Please!

javaboss

Hi everyone,

Okay, I wrote my IS off last week. It'll be valued on Wednesday. Anyway, my wife and I have decided to replace the car with a brand new one - even if it's repaired.

Sooooo...... the war has already started over colours! We've had 2 IS's previously - both of them were platinum ice with exmoor.

We've currently settled on this short list:

1) Strathcaron Blue with Exmoor.

2) Strathcaron Blue with Oakham.

3) Scarlatti Red with Exmoor.

We are a bit concerned about the Oakham interior. I've searched the forum and it looks like it marks easily.

We would be grateful for your opinions on which to go for. Any pictures would be great too (inside + out)!

Thanks,

Neil.

Do you have kids? Do you mind cleaning the interior frequently? That should help you make up your mind! I had Exmoor and after 70K miles didn't have a mark, yet the demonstrator had 5K miles and had many marks on the interior.

If its just you and the wife in the car you should be able to keep it clean.

Nope, we don't have kids. We have a golden retriever though! However, I always completely cover the seats up before she goes in the back. And that's only about 3 times a year anyway!

Is the red really really bright then? I think red with dark interior would be better. I'm just not sure if super bright red really goes with the IS..... mmmmm......

Oh, and I don't have a problem cleaning the car regularly. My old IS still had that new car smell at 20 months old.

You should definitely go with the Blue, i just got a blue one and the car looks pure class in it. The red doesn't look so bad in the pictures but i saw one in the dealer the other day and it doesn't look right.

Try and see one in the flesh (as it were) before making a decision because in my opinion, the solid colours don't suit the IS (except black cos everything looks good in black!)

We would be grateful for your opinions on which to go for. Any pictures would be great too (inside + out)!

Thanks,

Neil.

Shell out the extra for a 300. Of course I like the blue, but I agree with the guy who said, check them out yourself first. I test drove a red 200 and it just did not look the same as the pictures.

Was in the showroom Saturday, and black look's good. When

its clean !!

Cheers ................ bs :ph34r:

i think im about the only one with the red

i love the colour, and by the amount of nice comments i get i think it does look right (back me up claire)

as for the oakham interior i spent more time agonising this against the black than the purchase

yes it does show dirty marks

especially biro (oops)

but it is cleanable

the cream mats are a no no

get black mats

i think im about the only one with the red

i love the colour, and by the amount of nice comments i get i think it does look right (back me up claire)

as for the oakham interior i spent more time agonising this against the black than the purchase

yes it does show dirty marks

especially biro (oops)

but it is cleanable

the cream mats are a no no

get black mats

You won't be the only one with a red one soon mate :P

Thought it might be better to cover all number plates up you never know who's looking

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links