Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just had quotes for insurance for GS300 mk1 sport .35 years old ,full ncb ,living in kent .Lexus approved insurance quoted £1350.00 and everyone else around £700.00 .So i tried tescos £400.00 ,i could not beleive they are so cheap compared to lexus so i phoned them and they said they were far superior and offerd a better service but £950 difference can this be right .Also why is the mk2 Gs430 in insurance group 17 and my car group 19 the mk 2 is much more powerfull surely. anyone know of a cheaper company i could try i have done all the obvious ones .

Just had quotes for insurance for GS300 mk1 sport ............. anyone know of a cheaper company i could try i have done all the obvious ones .

I've just renewed mine and found Sainsburys (yes the food shop!) to be cheapest. They go thru Esure so you get Esure policy but better benefits. My renewal was £560 - Sains=£350 for 31yo with IS200SE. (LOC Insurance came out at £505 best!)

Cheers

It all depends on the claim.. if you want to pay £400 but then become messed about on payment, the courtesy car a Fiat Punto (if you even get one) and a nightmare from hell then the £400 is worth it.

Lexus are correct in what they are saying... but at least you will get a lexus Courtesy car and a real proper evaluation of your car if it was written off.

We have a good Insurance deal at the moment in the gold forums that will give you many benefits that Tesco have to offer.

My car was written off last week. I am insured with Privilege. There service has been okay, but I can't say that the insurance assessor experience I had was that great. He got quite stroppy with me over the valuation of my vehicle. I got around £700 less than I thought the car was worth.

I shall be changing to Lexus Insurance in May. No matter what it costs. The extra few hundred quid with Lexus insurance would save me hundreds and hundreds if I ever have another accident.

With my recent experience in mind, if the insurance quote is cheap, then the service/payout will be crap. As with all things (including cars) you get what you pay for. I've learnt my lesson.

I would have liked to gone with lexus insurance but for £950 difference it just was not worth it .i would rather put up with the punto courtisy car (just think of the fuel saving) .Also they said they could not say for sure that my car would go to lexus for repairs if it was damaged but stated it would go to one of their approved garages.

just had a quote today from direct line

comprehensive

full no claims with protection,legal cover,courtesy car

£150 excess

mk 1 gs 300 sport

42 yrs old, 1 speeding ban in 2000

£393

lancashire

others went as high as £1800

not got the car yet but will have it next week and will more than likley go with them for the insurance

I would have liked to gone with lexus insurance but for £950 difference it just was not worth it .i would rather put up with the punto courtisy car (just think of the fuel saving) .Also they said they could not say for sure that my car would go to lexus for repairs if it was damaged but stated it would go to one of their approved garages.

Did they mean Lexus Approved or a garage they approve?

Compulsory link to my nightmare story of claims handling by Tesco / Direct Line

were they cheap? yes. :D

did I get what I paid for? yes :(

would I touch them with ever, ever, ever again? No

LOC Insurance Scheme here I come - don't care if it is more expensive - won't be going through that sort of crap again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links