Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods Update, Ongoing Project :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been getting a few bits together over the past couple of weeks so started with fitting the rear lights, gone for the dark chrome ones this time and quite like how they go with the colour of my car B)

Before

DSCF0098-1.jpg

After (not the best of pic's)

CHRISTMASPICS2008288.jpg

Got to fit my TTE arbs and new drop links, new head double din headunit, my modified facia to match the wood dash kit thats fitted to mine, 6000k slim Hid kit, Trd side skirts, new wheel centre cap badges and brought a few speakers to replace my tired setup :D

Speakers to fit?

VIBE SEK 60 6.5" 345w -115 WRMS 2x6.5" and 2 tweeter Component system (front doors)

Vibe SEK-6x9 575w - 175 WRMS 3-way Speakers (rear shelf)

Vibe QB 6x9 3-way 600W - 200WRMS Rectangular Speakers (ski hatch)

Fli 2 x 12" 2000w amplified sub box (will be changing this to a Twin 12" VIBE box soon)

Hopefully have a new induction kit to fit soon too ;)

Just got to get some more wiring/fittings and amps now for the stereo and get it all in/on the car :D

They're nice pal, I like the Black Chrome ones best out of all the ones they did for the IS :)

Looked at a set of black chrome headlights for this thing and they're like a grand for the set :o

When you've got that soundsystem done mate Chicane are gonna sound mega :lol:

You got any pics of your fascia mate, i'm quite interested how youve done that.

Will get one mate, on the sides of the double din facia i've cut and moulded some of the wood trim that i have in my car to fit, so instead of having just black sides around the headunit, it now follows on with the dash kit looks quite tidy (apart from where i put a small scratch on 1 side :duh: )

They're nice pal, I like the Black Chrome ones best out of all the ones they did for the IS :)

Looked at a set of black chrome headlights for this thing and they're like a grand for the set :o

When you've got that soundsystem done mate Chicane are gonna sound mega :lol:

I do like a bit of Chicane too mate, Hopefully it'll bounce quite well :lol:

When i had my Fiat tempra estate for work, i had fitted 6 10" subs and 8 6x9's, in the back :lol: used to put a £1 coin on the roof and make it jump :lol:

When i had my Fiat tempra estate for work, i had fitted 6 10" subs and 8 6x9's, in the back :lol: used to put a £1 coin on the roof and make it jump :lol:

PMSL that's quality! Seriously mate if you want yourself a weapon for destroying wind turbines when you get everything in put that £1 on the roof and let the breakdown kick in from Smack by Simon Patterson - like I say that blew my sub up :lol:

They look good m8, may I ask where you got them from? I quite like Vibe I have Vibes so may stick with them for the front as well now if yours goes well..

Got the 6.5" set above at Halfords mate, only got them from there because i had a £40 voucher given to me so only had to pay another £30 on top :D there are quite a few sets on eBay but some dont have the same power rating, as this set is the upgrade version they have done?

They look good m8, may I ask where you got them from? I quite like Vibe I have Vibes so may stick with them for the front as well now if yours goes well..

Got the 6.5" set above at Halfords mate, only got them from there because i had a £40 voucher given to me so only had to pay another £30 on top :D there are quite a few sets on eBay but some dont have the same power rating, as this set is the upgrade version they have done?

Will you be needing a amp to run them or they going straight to the HU?(as they sound quite powerfull) Take lots of pics of the install so I can see how much work it is to change them lol..

These are the speakers i got, and fitted the mids at weekend. They go in pretty easy if you are going to use the original mounts and chop out the old speakers. They are certainly loud enough just running off original head unit, doubt you'd need an amp with them unless your aiming for a ultra-loud system.

Any chance you still got them darker rear lights?? cash ready and waiting LOL

These are the speakers i got, and fitted the mids at weekend. They go in pretty easy if you are going to use the original mounts and chop out the old speakers. They are certainly loud enough just running off original head unit, doubt you'd need an amp with them unless your aiming for a ultra-loud system.

Any chance you still got them darker rear lights?? cash ready and waiting LOL

Only just fitted the rear lights matey :D

Picked up the speakers for the rear on Sunday and still got another set to get yet :D Vibe say 50wRMS each minimum for the front speakers and up to 115wrms maximum? the rear 6x9 set they say minimum 75wrms and a maximum of 175wrms to get the best out of them so got a couple of amps on the way to give them a bit of kick :D Here's a pic of the rear 6x9's i've got, just got to go and pick up the other set now :D

VIBESPEAKERSET.jpg

did i miss something??

another set of 6x9?? where for mate??

The ski hatch mate :D going for a set of the Vibe QB69's aswell and being a rectangular speaker they fit quite well in the hatch area ;)

Just want to get a set of vibe subs now to replace the Fli twin 12" box i've got and upgrade all the wiring etc?

vibeQB69600W.jpg

you will get a better balanced sound with just the subs mate..

if you block up that space then you will lose all of the volume in the boot and put extra pressure on the rear speakers unless they are sealed off too..

nice idea.. if your getting them cheap enough nothing wring with trying it!!

you will get a better balanced sound with just the subs mate..

if you block up that space then you will lose all of the volume in the boot and put extra pressure on the rear speakers unless they are sealed off too..

nice idea.. if your getting them cheap enough nothing wring with trying it!!

They dont fill the hole completley mate, there is enough space to fit a couple of ports if needs be? or i could leave the gap between them but think the ports would look quite tidy?? was also thinking of fitting a couple of the ports to the rear shelf to give the subs a bit of breathing space if you know what i mean? (which i'm sure you do :lol: )

Going to see how the ones i've got sound first though to see if i'll need them? :)

hmmm..

adding ports as such will efectlively make your boot a bandpass box!!

give it a try with just the subs and fronts first.. you might be surprised how much more involved it sounds..

if your at the meet can help you try a few things that i have learnt whilst playing in the lex..

hmmm..

adding ports as such will efectlively make your boot a bandpass box!!

give it a try with just the subs and fronts first.. you might be surprised how much more involved it sounds..

if your at the meet can help you try a few things that i have learnt whilst playing in the lex..

Going to fit the door setup and the shelf set of 6x9's first and see how it sounds? then take it from there matey? Not 100% sure if i'll go for the other set of 6x9's yet as it might be fine with the ones i'm fitting? :)

PM'd you on rear lights.

I'm planning on running the fronts off the new head unit i'm getting at weekend. Then getting some serious 6x9's for rear shelf, and powering them with the 300w JBL amp I got. Trying to do away with the need for Sub in the boot.

Like the idea about speakers poking through the sky hatch, that'd be quality.

Love rest of your ride, where did you get the spoiler??

Only just fitted the rear lights matey, i'b been looking for a set for a few weeks so wont be selling them i'm afraid :whistling:

Got a pair of JBL amps coming in the next day or so for mine too, had them in one of my other cars and quite like the sound they give out so thought i'd give them a try again :D

The carbon rear spoiler i've had a while now and not seen many about, Think i only know of 2 and thats mine and Monster mats that have them fitted? quite hard to find in the carbon but can get the grp ones on eBay now and again :unsure:

Ahh, ok fella.

How much the lights set you back?

JBL is good at anything really, from club to home, to car. All there stuff is pretty bomb proof too which is handy! Had amp lying around for a while, can't wait to get it cranked up in car. Have started to notice rattles with the interior though. Any thoughts on how to cure them???

Paid £25 for the rear lights, so got a bit of a bargain :D

Going to buy some Dynamat for mine to help with some of the rattles, even though my IS is very good in that way by not having any, but thinking the new speakers might create a few :lol: And the sound deadening will help with the sound and help kill a bit of the road noise i get B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links