Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mods Update, Ongoing Project :-)

£40 to make an induction kit you should go into business mate ;)

I am defo going to do the engine bay mate but at the moment it too cold and misserable to clean any of the car so i'll add it to list with the clay bar that I insited I was getting 3 months ago :whistling:

Maybe when you pop up for that exhaust you could show me how you do it :tomato::lol:

Dont mind giving yours a clean mate :D quite enjoy doing it :lol:

Dropped yourself in it there matey you aint seen the state of it :lol:

I like a challenge mate :D

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am defo going to do the engine bay mate but at the moment it too cold and misserable to clean any of the car so i'll add it to list with the clay bar that I insited I was getting 3 months ago :whistling:

Maybe when you pop up for that exhaust you could show me how you do it :tomato::lol:

And a que of lexus owners with dirty 'bays at the next meet :whistling:

And a que of lexus owners with dirty 'bays at the next meet :whistling:

:lol: yeh i did 3 at JAE last year :duh: the wheel foam does make it quite easy though :)

that induction kit looks well sweet mate. where did u get the bits from for it as £40 is a bargain and I think many other members would be interested in making one for such a low cost. I've noticed that the pipe thats tucked under your strut brace is slightly kinked, will this not affect airflow and can u get hard pipes of the right size/angle so u dont have the kink?

that induction kit looks well sweet mate. where did u get the bits from for it as £40 is a bargain and I think many other members would be interested in making one for such a low cost. I've noticed that the pipe thats tucked under your strut brace is slightly kinked, will this not affect airflow and can u get hard pipes of the right size/angle so u dont have the kink?

Thanks matey it works very well too :)

The silicone pipework i got off eBay and the stainless tube i got from B&Q, If you buy the stainless tube on eBay its quite expensive but i found it in b&q a while back for around £10 for a 60mm wide and nearly 1 metre long piece, so a bit of a bargain if you know what your looking for :)

The 90 degree silicone pipe coming from the intake does look a bit kinked, but thats due to me wanting to keep the strut brace fitted but without the brace it sits perfect and the air flow seems fine, and the main reason its better is its well away from the manifolds so doesnt get very hot :)

can we have some links if possible mate to where u got the bits from on ebay? i'm very interested. also which filter have you used?

This is the shop on eBay i got the hoses from CLICK. I used 1x63mm 90 degree bend and 1x63mm 45 degree bend silicone hoses and a 60mm polished stainless tube from B&Q :whistling: only need a piece of tube about 240-250mm long?

Using a universal filter at the moment (eBay again) but going to get a K&N fitted soon if i can find 1 at the right price :)

cool. thanks for the info mate. how did u go about installing the sensor for the intake also? Forgot what the sensor is called

Sorry forgot that bit :blush: i used a piece of silicon tube about 4" long with 15mm inside diameter and drilled a hole into the 90 degree pipe and used a straight hose joint ( LIKE THIS ) to push it into the drilled hole then pushed the sensor into the other end of the pipe, You'll also need another piece of the small tube and connector for one of these for the other side of the engine CLICK ME! :D

Thanks, it sounds great and has helped one hell of a lot compared to the pipercross kit :)

Do you mean that you can feel the difference in terms of performance ? Or just noise-wise ?

Great work as always.

Thanks matey,

Both really Steve, the car picks up so much better and smoother and the sound is great :)

Will hopefully do a intake temp reading in a bit to see how much difference this induction kit makes compared to the pipercross one that i had fitted, as the air temp on the pipercross kit was hitting 240f at times which is terrible for intake temps :huh:

Both really Steve, the car picks up so much better and smoother and the sound is great :)

Will hopefully do a intake temp reading in a bit to see how much difference this induction kit makes compared to the pipercross one that i had fitted, as the air temp on the pipercross kit was hitting 240f at times which is terrible for intake temps :huh:

Thats fantastic, you've got a real talent there, keep up the good work ! :D

240 degrees F does sound pretty high for intake air ! :ohmy:

Challenge accepted matey :lol: seriously tho mate great job with the induction kit will defo look into doing this :)

Challenge accepted matey :lol: seriously tho mate great job with the induction kit will defo look into doing this :)

:lol: ok matey we'll have to do that then B) the induction kit to me is better than you can buy and for a lot less money , due to how it runs away from the engine, so quite happy with it :D

:lol: ok matey we'll have to do that then B) the induction kit to me is better than you can buy and for a lot less money , due to how it runs away from the engine, so quite happy with it :D

Just let me know when your up for it matey.

Bit short at the moment so it's defo one for the future, i'll have to save your instructions tho otherwise I won't have clue when I finally get round to it (right after clay barring :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...

Thats fantastic, you've got a real talent there, keep up the good work ! :D

240 degrees F does sound pretty high for intake air ! :ohmy:

Little update on the intake air temps with my new induction kit fitted?

When i went to meet Aido in the week i did a few tests on my drive over, and was quite suprised at the difference my new induction kit has made?

The intake air temperatures were around 205-240f with the Pipercross kit fitted, so it was getting really hot and proved no good for an induction kit :o

The new kit that i made only ever got as high as 104.6f and averaged at 98.6f/37C on a 30 mile run B) So has cut the intake temps down by over half and the car seems to run so much better than it did before? Quite happy about that so was worth making my own kit to see if i could improve it :D

Think if i fit an induction scoop pointing direct to the filter the temps will go even lower too? so might see if i can make one and give it a try :unsure:

The data read from my car =

02-19-2009 11:05:17.562, Engine Coolant Temperature, 174.2, deg F, 79, deg C

02-19-2009 11:05:17.953, Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure, 2.89855072463768, psi, 20, kPa

02-19-2009 11:05:18.375, Engine RPM, 4057.75, rpm, 4057.75, rpm

02-19-2009 11:05:18.781, Intake Air Temperature, 98.6, deg F, 37, deg C

02-19-2009 11:05:19.171, Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 1), 0.39, V, 0.39, V

02-19-2009 11:05:19.578, Fuel System 1 Status, Closed Loop: Using oxygen sensor(s) as feedback for fuel control., OL/CL, CL, OL/CL

02-19-2009 11:05:19.578, Fuel System 2 Status, Closed Loop: Using oxygen sensor(s) as feedback for fuel control., OL/CL, CL, OL/CL

02-19-2009 11:05:19.968, Calculated Load Value, 14.51, %, 14.51, %

But overall very happy with my new kit and was worth the money making it :D

• 1 month later...

Just thought i'd update my topic with some pic's of the bits i've done recently to keep it all together :whistling: :D

My wheels that i polished and sprayed...

DSCF1652.jpg

DSCF1642.jpg

My TTE Chicane wheels that are now fitted...

TTECHICANEALLOYS001_edited.jpg

Another part i polished and sprayed (de-cat manifold)

DSCF1711_edited.jpg

More bits to come in the next few days :winky:

Thats great news about the induction kit mate! Glad its all worked out for u and them wheels look amazing! Did u do them urself? How long did it take?

Thanks matey :D

The wheel topic for when i did them is HERE! Not sure how long they took me to do now, as i did them over a bit of time but could probably do the basic rub down and polish is a couple of hours now :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links