Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motec M800 Ecu

simonskippy

The M800 is a nice piece of kit and should work OK.

I would not use it as a stand alone system because you would lose some of the nice features of the standard ecu, but used as a piggyback it will be somewhere between Unichip and HKS FCON. I am not sure what the price of the M800 is but I think it is more expensive than the FCON, so I kow what I would buy ;)

Mark :)

Mark,

I was quoted as they other way round, the M800 will work on 6 pot as well you get an ignition expander with it (no extra charge!)

MoTec is the best of the best, running it with the stock ECU is the only way forward otherwise like you say I lose some of the features of the car. the MoTec is more progammable has more inputs and data logging features than the HKS?

What to do, what to do?

the MoTec is also flash upgradable and the upgrades are free?

Si

Si

Personally I would say that the HKS has better manufacturing quality, but the Motec has more features (which you probably won't use) and is easier for you to self tune because I think you get the software with it. The HKS software is licenced to us so you cannot play with it yourself.

If it were my decision I would look at the price, see if any of the extra features are of any use to me, decide if I want to tune the engine myself, then spend my money.

Decisions decisions, either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Hope this helps

dboey, did your friend have any problem with the emanage after installation?

i mean did he overcome the problem of the orginal ECU relearn itself and overide the emanage a few weeks after installation?

and when you said 124 at wheel?

is that kw or horsepower?

124kw @wheel......... thats like a WRX sti on dyno.......

i don't think an emanage can actually turn a stock is200 auto into a WRX sti overnight

It does not matter what ecu you have , piggy back or stand alone, you will not get any more than what we quote on our web site, unless you are using higher than 98 octane fuel and can use more ignition advance.

For the compressor models, the MOTEC, Gems, FCON or similar will work better than E-manage or Unichip because the latter can only work within the car's standard sensor range. Having said that the latter is just about able to cope at the stage 1 level.

Hope this helps

Mark,

I'm now caught in two minds, the MoTec is more money but I'm thinking of my options. If I went for the TDi manifold upgrade, would you recomend that I went for the Unichip given that I have a the Induction Kit, exhaust and that I will go for your stage 1?

Help whats recommended?

Si

Hi assin,

My friend did not have any problem with the e-manage and he got 124hp at wheels. Did you have a problem with your e-manage?

I understand from Ray Hall, Australia who had done a conversion from IS200 to IS300, that we have to keep our stock ecu to control certain features of the car. Ray is using Autronic SM2 on his IS and this autronic ecu has to be used together with the stock ECU.

Hi Zee,

I am using the Greddy Emanage on my supercharged IS200 with TDI pulley upgrade and I am getting 190 wheel hp. A few friends owning the IS200 & altezza are using the E-manage & we all do not have any problems. The bottom line here is who is yr tuner and how good is he.

Hi Zee,

I am using the Greddy Emanage on my supercharged IS200 with TDI pulley upgrade and I am getting 190 wheel hp. A few friends owning the IS200 & altezza are using the E-manage & we all do not have any problems. The bottom line here is who is yr tuner and how good is he.

Excellent news......Thanks Dboey! I shall be placing my order then........ :D

basically if the car was NA I wouldn't shell out the dosh for the Motec. Instead stick with emanage or other piggy back comps. But if you have great plans for the car ie S/C and TDi upgrades, a better ECU would be able to cope much more than cheaper ECUs. This is my 2 cents...

Hi Si

We found out recently (on Grims car) That when you change the manifold the mixture strength is very lean.

To overcome this you will need the fuel line/pump/tank/regulator upgrade at the very least. If you want the stage 1 boost upgrade a Unichip or Emanage or similar will just about do but you would be better off with Motec, HKS or similar.

Best regards

• 3 months later...

hmmmmmmm....

Still confused. I was going to go for the Greddy E-manage, and based on this thread it should work. But I understand it may not give me the full potential with my blower.

So what to go for? :unsure:

Both the Emanage and Unichip systems are signal cludgers (ie can only work with the limitations of sensor voltage), and are not 3D. You can make the Unichip 3D by adding the boost module which will make it more suitable. This is what we currently use on our stage 1 upgrade.

You may then ask yourself why you should choose a product like the FCON or MOTEC instead of the Unichip. The answer is that the Unichip and Emanage are low resolution and have a small number of sites to map which makes it "rough and ready" for want of a better expression. We use it as it is a low cost solution as it does the job.

However, the FCON Pro has the ability to work as a stand alone system or can work in piggy back mode. The main advantages are that it is very high resolution system so there are many more map sites than the Emanage or Unichip, which makes the transition between the sites smoother. It can operate beyond the point at which the standard sensors max out, and possibly more importantly you can change other parameter such as the rev limiter which is annoyingly low on the is200, plus it has lots of other outputs which can be put to good use.

It's a case of horses for courses and how do you want to spend?

I have someone interested in trying the FCON Pro as soon as we can fit it in, so I will have more info soon.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links