Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Talktalk

swager

Any of you guys use talktalk as your broadband IPS.

wow what a bunch of jerks on the customer service / tech support lines .

my father-in- law has been waiting 7 weeks to get the adsl working (I have given up talking to India )

what the best service provider of broadband you know ?????

cheers

swager

Talk Talk what a bunch of idiots

My 2ps worth would be Pipex very good customer services & technical support although ive only had to use it once ive never had to wait to long to get through either (oh and UK call centres only)

I would avoid

Orange

Talk Talk

Sky Broadband

I almost made the switch to TalkTalk or Sky a while back and boy am I glad Virgin Media offered me a price I couldn't refuse so I stayed with them. If you're in a cabled area, go VM, the service is excellent!

I currently have free evenings & weekends phone, 4Mb BB and top TV pack (excluding premium channels) for £33/month.

Parents have unlimited phone, 4Mb BB, and mid TV pack, for £35/month.

Haven't come across anything on the market that can beat that.......... :whistling:

The best product is Cable, although you must live in a cabled area to get it..

previously Telewest or NTL, but they bought the Virgin mobile part of virgin, and can now offer TV,phone,broadband and mobile in one package.

BT is fairly good, but expensive, and customer service is overseas as well.

Tiscali is reasonable

Pipex is good

And there are many more that are good, and that's the real problem..

the problem is there are so many providers, and it's hard to recommend one that will cover all your needs.

The best way to do it, is to avoid the bad ones..

AOHELL... avoid like the plague

Talktalk.. likewise

Sky.. a new provider, and not doing well.

orange.. going downhill fast.

if you are with one of the above, and it's working fine, don't worry about it.. most of the bad news is when it goes wrong.. unlike AOHell, that works completely different to any other ISP... they are a Content provider and filter the internet through their own system.. i.e you cant get on the internet without AOL running.. this makes it slower, and not one I would recommend.

I'm a computer technician, and deal with this every day...

John

i am on talk talk and have not had a problem .even customer services were good when mine went down last week .although it states on the desktop icon that it is running at 2.0 mbps is this slow or about right ??

oooh sore subject for me, i had my running with talk talk was off line for a month till they sorted things out. ask to be put through to 2nd line broadband faults, if that dont work try high level of complaint at talk talk, then register your complaint with offcom. whoever sorts your problem out in the end tell them you want crediting for the time you have been off air for loss of use, it worked for me. kick some butt :D

Was gonna go for virgin they are ok

Mudzs mine is running at the same speed as yours but its fine

As I feared- looks like it could be a long hard slog to get the the father-in -law on line ,unless we pay the cancelation charge of some 70 quid - should be getting a call back from level 2 tech today - will give you all a laugh and let you know what they say

thanks for all he replys

cheers

swager

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links