Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels Finally Fitted

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

Hi guys finally got the new wheels fitted, i had to take off the sensors unit but well worth it.

What do you guys think of the 19inch Jade R wheels fitted with AVONS 275 rears and 235 fronts?.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/inicol1/DSCN0514.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/inicol1/DSCN0510.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/inicol1/DSCN0512.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ian

Guest inicol63
That is well tasty mate. They suit the car very well. :D

How did you get around the check engine light on in the dash?

Would the ECU not know you have the sensor disconnected and show up in the dash.

Fred.

Hi Fred

The sensor switch is a ecu just for the wheels sensors, which is below the audio system you just need to disconnect and the buzzer and dash light go off.

Thank you guys glad you like the wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest inicol63
Wheels look very nice indeed :)

Have you thought about painting the lettering the same colour as the car?

All the best

Paul

Nice idea Paul but would take to long to paint, I have blue stitching to the leather with Lexus blue logo's on head rest maybe going to far. But love the idea!!!!!!!!!!

Just to differ! I like the 'disc' wheels that used to be on these. (Flat almost solid looking things?) But each to their own. Wonder how the disc ones would look on my LS400? I think Mercs do something similar?

Does the new fatter(and flatter!) wheel layout alter the ride/handling?

Just to differ! I like the 'disc' wheels that used to be on these. (Flat almost solid looking things?) But each to their own. Wonder how the disc ones would look on my LS400? I think Mercs do something similar?

Your the first person Ive seen who likes the OEM wheels :winky:

Funnily I used to like the AMG wheels that are similiar even bought some for a Merc I had a while back. I guess its the shape of the sc that makes then look wrong ie more rounded car all over rather then the straight lines on the Merc c36 and c43.

Your the first person Ive seen who likes the OEM wheels :winky:

I quite like the OEM wheels too!

Guest inicol63
Ian was you going from run flats to those 19".. if so I bet the ride is much nicer now.

Hi Aquanuke

I got out of these run flats when i first bought the car, and never look back.

I bet your happy with your latest mod sound great mate.

You seem to have a lovely SC their mate.

Glad you like the wheels!!!!

I may get the OEM wheels refurbished and sell them or use them as winter wheels.

PAUL

Most UK alloys Company say not to go above 19inch but the American have 20 & 21 on their vehicles.

My car has always driven well but then i do drive like a old f*rt.

Guest inicol63
What size ARE the OEM wheels? I forget. May get tempted! LSs better suited?.....know what you mean about car matching shapes.

Hi Chris the OEM wheels are 18 inch on the SC which are larger than the LSmodel wheels but should fit stright on(check with Lexus or your alloy wheel center).

They would ride well if you have 18 x 40, but don't have the runflats as these are rubbish.

The sc wheels are very hard to come by, only ever seen 1 set on the net for sell in the UK in the last couple of years.

Let me know as my well be tempted in selling mine if you offer the right price.

Cheers Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links