Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Monster......

bloofire

Put the Champers back in the fridge please Zee :crybaby:

The Monster has been dormant due to (unexpectedly) losing a technician recently and being stacked out with (paying) work.

Simon is commited to finishing two 2.3 litre Evo 6 Lancer conversions and an MR2 Turbo 2.2 litre conversion, then he's back on The Monster. All being well this will be before the end of the month

The outstanding items in this order is:

1)Finish ecu wiring (half done)

2)Manufacture twin exhaust system

3)Install traction control system with adjustable spil and launch control

4)Get running, sort out any problems.

5)Mapping

6)Get paid :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Mark you cant leave it like that....you have to get the video clip up and running so we can all hear it.

Have you decided what config of exhaust your doing...twin, dual or side exit?

I'm an Old Fogey - I don't know anything about video clips :blink:

The idea is to make a twin exit Hiper Muffler system with replaceable cat section - should sound soooweeeeeeet :D

mark did you get the strut brace?

Yep, whether it'll fit or not is another matter ;)

hmmmmmm.

well if thats the case, can you let me know, so i can get it flogged

id have thought it would as it has more clearance than the Cusco one...but we will see :yawn:

• 2 weeks later...
how are the exhausts coming along Mark? :)

Rather well (in my humble opinion :whistling: )

The twin 120mm Hiper Mufflers should be finished in a day or 2.

Can't wait to hear it :o

Great news Mark - so how close to completion now then? Will it be ready for Gaydon? :driving:

Great news Mark - so how close to completion now then? Will it be ready for Gaydon? :driving:

I don't know on either point yet Zee. Simon has been off sick for a few days (they don't make 'em like they used to), and I may have to put him on to Maz's car as well when he returns so we have a couple of immediate delays.

May I take this opprtunity to remind people of how this project was undertaken please.

We intended this project to be done in between jobs as a loss leader to promote the LOC, and the Lexus brand as potential performance cars.

Not only have we not had a lot of time in between jobs but we have spent a fortune in parts and labour on the car for which we haven't been paid a penny, and the opportunity costs to us by doing this doubles the cost.

I'm not complaining because that's the nature of the beast and that's what projects like this cost, but please don't start moaning about the length of time it's taking.

Well, I think that Mark and his team at TDI have and are still doing a wonderful job on this. Personally I thought I was gonna cost Mat an absolute fortune and he was mad at first, now I salute you all.

Things do take time, especially when paid jobs come in, and I am sure all those who have used TDI's services are thankful that the monster isn't a full time job for them, otherwise they wouldn't have had their work done!

Keep it up, keep us informed and keep the piccies coming in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links