Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Holiday With The Lex

That's great Lee mate, thankyou very much ;)
Just wondered why you were trying to keep the air con off as much as possible?

Air conditioning is a drain on the car's resources - in particular, petrol.... Ouch, when you're driving so far!

Jamie

I can tell you know it makes no noticeable difference, I have had my IS 3 years and have done over 70k miles in it. Done the AC "on" for tanks and "off" for tanks and there is nothing in the mileage. I always have my AC on nowadays, I know people that hardly use theres and when they do come to use it, its packed up through lack of use.

Your more likely to burn more fuel driving with the windows open (alot of Drag). fact. I know which why I prefer to travel.

You get better economy using the snow button, I can get an extra 25-50 miles a tank with it.

Thanks for your comment. Your car must be very superior. I will book my car in with Lexus ASAP to find out why my car is so different.

(As for your comment on drag, when you are stuck in traffic in town I struggle to see how drag can really be an issue, but again I am probably wrong)

Again can we drop this issue now, I did not want to start a discussion on economy, and otherwise I would have started one. I just commented on my own experiences. :offtopic:

You cant book your car into lexus to find out why its so different as you wont have mine there to reference it too :)

If you spent your holiday in traffice, that sucks :( Hope it wasnt to bad.

I prefer to stay cool and relaxed in traffic, than get all hot and sweaty for the sakes of a few pence. I bought Lexus for luxury :) not to be like an old ford driver :P

Nice pics by the way. I dont think I will be taking my car to the bottom of europe to try and beat your on dash outside temp, congrats on the win.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: When you have had the IS a little longer like me. (3 Years) your get there :)

Air conditioning is a drain on the car's resources - in particular, petrol.... Ouch, when you're driving so far!

Jamie

I can tell you know it makes no noticeable difference, I have had my IS 3 years and have done over 70k miles in it. Done the AC "on" for tanks and "off" for tanks and there is nothing in the mileage. I always have my AC on nowadays, I know people that hardly use theres and when they do come to use it, its packed up through lack of use.

Your more likely to burn more fuel driving with the windows open (alot of Drag). fact. I know which why I prefer to travel.

You get better economy using the snow button, I can get an extra 25-50 miles a tank with it.

:offtopic: All very well, but in my auto, with the snow button on, it'll take you an extra 25 miles to get to 60mph lol!

Rough guideline, cars are at their most economical at around 55mph. Below that speed it's more fuel efficient to have the windows open, above that speed it's more efficient to the the aircon on. Only a rough rule of thumb though. You are right, in my last 3 cars, I have done the same A/C or no A/C test and each time I have found that it makes little, if any difference. I've even found it makes minimal difference how you drive. If you drive like you've sat on a wasp, or drive like you're an undertaker, it's still around the same mpg average.

Jamie

Thanks for your comment. Your car must be very superior. I will book my car in with Lexus ASAP to find out why my car is so different.

(As for your comment on drag, when you are stuck in traffic in town I struggle to see how drag can really be an issue, but again I am probably wrong)

Again can we drop this issue now, I did not want to start a discussion on economy, and otherwise I would have started one. I just commented on my own experiences. :offtopic:

You cant book your car into lexus to find out why its so different as you wont have mine there to reference it too :)

I prefer to stay cool and relaxed in traffic, than get all hot and sweaty for the sakes of a few pence. I bought Lexus for luxury :) not to be like an old ford driver :P

Nice pics by the way. I dont think I will be taking my car to the bottom of europe to try and beat your on dash outside temp, congrats on the win.

:lol: :lol: When you have had the IS a little longer like me. (3 Years) your get there :)

Did you buy that fuel saver from eBay then?? :lol:

Jamie

Did you buy that fuel saver from eBay then?? :lol:

Nope I just know my Lexus :) Difference is minimal, just preference, I prefer to use the Aircon, others prefer windows down.

WylieCoyote I have also found that how you drive hardly makes any difference, just if its motorsways or Urban. Lead foot or light foot, still get about the same a tank. Have done 90K in my lexus since owning it, tried every combo. Snow also helps smooth out pull away in traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

:offtopic: just got back from china a couple of weeks ago and temperature was in the low 40's but apparently the official temperature never goes above 39.5 as the law states they have to close the factories if it hits 40, so they just stop it from hitting 40.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links