Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scrotes!

Damer

The offices I work in were broken into last night. The scrotes stole over 40 lap tops. :tsktsk:

So if you are in the Manchester area and you are offered a cheap laptop you know where it probably came from!

40! must have had a car - dont supose there is a cctv system installed - or an alarm???

Its a multi tenanted building, they got in unforced. First thing they did was rip out the CCTV.

when I was running my business we had about 50 computers running in the office

One morning we came in to find only 1 left, and that had a message on the screen saying thank you for the computers :tsktsk:

but we had a cunning plan in place, our software wizzkid person had installed a programme that should a computer get nicked or even taken home unauthorised, then as soon as it was connected to an internet connection that wasn't ours it emailed to me the isp details and telephone number that it was connected to

we got back over 40 of the computers in 2 weeks and the thief was caught, in fact the :tsktsk: worked for me, but not for long afterwards

I often wonder if that sort of programme is commercially available, as to remove it the thief would have to have changed the hard disk etc, which would have made it to expensive to bother nicking

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links