Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Airbag Warning Light

Batch

Greetings,

Bought my first Altezza last week after going out to swap my Pajero for a newer one ! And as usual on Japanese imports my insurance wouldn't cover it for theft without a cat 1 alarm fitted. The alarm was fitted but since then the airbag warning light has stayed on. The security firm reckon it may reset in a few days on its own. I'm not so sure. Anyone any idea if it will reset on its own, or if I can reset it or is it a Lexus dealership Job.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Great site by the way.

Thanks.

Direct Line Insurance need certificated proof that an approved alarm is fitted and I was advised that you only get a certificate with the full cat 1 alarm system.

I assume the airbag problem is due to the wiring being disturbed behind the dash. I suppose I really should return it to the company that installed the alarm and insist they sort it out, especially as it cost me the best part of 300 quid.

I was just hoping that there was an easy/quick/cheap fix....

Batch

Direct Line Insurance need certificated proof that an approved alarm is fitted and I was advised that you only get a certificate with the full cat 1 alarm system.

I assume the airbag problem is due to the wiring being disturbed behind the dash. I suppose I really should return it to the company that installed the alarm and insist they sort it out, especially as it cost me the best part of 300 quid.

I was just hoping that there was an easy/quick/cheap fix....

Batch

Agree with that - if there's a light, leaving it a few days to sort itself out sounds like rubbish to me. And with thing's like that you definately don't want a quick fix ;)

I had a alarm/immob put on my Altezza, no problems. Definately take it back - I'd suspect they've disconnected something, and not reconnected it, or reconnected it and not reset it. In either case it's their fault, but if it's the latter, it might take a dealer to reset the ECU.

Asam

ok, the light wasnt there before they fitted the alarm, now it is - it WILL NOT reset itself.

It is up to them to fix it - make sure they do it properly, if they say they will cover costs get it in writing there and then. Cjeck that they dont just take the bulb out! make sure the symbol comes on when you start the car. It does look like it is a dealer visit for a computer plug in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links