Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had My Windows Tinted Today

sercombe

As the title says... Got my windows tinted by Auto Tints in Altrincham, Manchester today who claim they do work for stratstone on Ferrari's/Porche's, etc.. - Anyway got the car back thsi evening to find I have a handbrake light on the dash and the high level brake light doesnt work anymore. As this is not working is this why the hand brake light would appear on the dash and secondly how do I get to it to make sure it is connected up properly?

Further to that I found that they didnt bother to re-connect some component speakers I have on the back shelf (that a previous owner put in) because "it wasnt standard on the car"

Im waiting to find out what they have managed to break in the morning in terms of door panels and additional marks and scratches to my interior. My initial thoughts are, if they do this sort of standard on my lexus I wouldnt let them anywhere near a £120,000 + Car like a ferrari!!

I'm a bit confused why the handbrake light is on? If the yellow "rear light out" bulb was lit, at least that would make sense......

I can't really help as I have no idea how to take the parcel shelf apart, but I agree, doesn't sound like the kind of people I'd want working on my Ferrari!

I dont get it....why would removing the h/rests give access to the parcel shelf, dont they go into the top of the seat?

It just gives you more room and the rear shelf wont come out as there in the way when you try to pull it out? :)

I would of taken the car back for them to put right as leaving it half assembled is not a good practice in my book as you paid for a job to be done of which they havn't completed by the sounds of it?

I gave up in the end and took it back to them. They took it all apart and plugged my brake light in for me. Its turns out you need to pull out the back seats then pull off the side roofing panels and then pull up the parcel shelf and it should slide towards you. Having taken it back to them they gave me £20 back for my trouble which meant my window tints cost £180 which i believe is a pretty good price for a lexus.

I took my car home afterwards and give it a good clean as I inspecting the job done - It is a very good window tint with very little bubbles in it which I am told will go away in the next week.

Unlike some tinters they actually took my windows completely out to tint them. It turns out if you buy cars new and used from stratstone Manchester (porche/ferrari/range rovers) and you ask for it with window tints it gets sent to them to do. To prove it they had brand new unregistered range rovers there that they were tinting.

I took my car home afterwards and give it a good clean as I inspecting the job done - It is a very good window tint with very little bubbles in it which I am told will go away in the next week.

Unlike some tinters they actually took my windows completely out to tint them.

The tinter i used also took my rear window out, it's because of the angle of the window you can get to the bottom easily.

Also Should the tints ever have bubbles? Mine didn't when they were done, and never have.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links