Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2008........

Dave-Ellen

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you all join ADAC as if you have a prang your membership will get you off the ring for free (think its 300 euros if you are a non member)

Also take the high visibility jackets with you

Also make sure you have a CC with you with at least £5k on in case you have a prang and have to pay for the ARMCO etc.

Hi all ,

after reading this above I have some questions regarding driving in Europe,

and other ring requirementsas I am a newbie. Can we have some sort of definitive

list from people who have been before ?

What is ASAC ?

ADAC !!

Its the German equivalent of our AA/RAC

ADAC plus covers you for recovery off the ring (subject to change), full breakdown and repatriation to UK (subject to vehicle value)

can also be used in the UK

the only big difference is that a years membership is only about £60 (79 euro)

ADAC

So well worth doing ?

Do you take this cover out Barrie ?

Which gives the best cover for what we need on our trip ?

Classic ADAC membership

or ADAC Plus Membership

yes for the last two years :)

ADAC plus

if you ring them in this country, they send the AA out :whistling:

Hello guys :)

Think we booked the 14:20 last time and get there about an hour earlier and i'm sure they put us on the next train for no extra.

Coming back we picked the 16:40 so we could do a bit of shopping before coming home.

I've not booked anything yet so whatever the majority is. It's just easier for us northerners on the train as it means we don't have to leave as early :)

So its 14.20 out

16.40 back then ???????????????????

Right booked my train tickets now.

14.20 leaving on the Thursday 20th

returning 16.42 on Monday 24th.

Stav

Booked my place for June and looking at possibly going in May aswell - pity im not there when you lot are there again. If anyones still looking for hotel etc let me know as we always use a guesthouse which is around 2 mins from the track. Cost us around £250 for 12 days (Food and Drink included in that price) Have a good trip and might see some more of you later in the year.

• 3 weeks later...
There is an addition to the trip, a friend of mine is coming (I know...I actually do have a friend away from LOC)

His name is Milo & he drives a Black BMW 330 Coupe, he is booked on the same Sea France Ferry 11.00am departure :D

I can't wait for this trip.

should be a great trip.I better book the train sharpish

Is the car all ready then fella?

Stav

Hi Stav.The car is ready now,but is still with Simpsons and will be filmed next saturday at their premises,where we M3 owners are having a mini meet.Ill update my supercharger thread once ive got the vids on youtube.Hopefully after that it just needs a cage and a wrap and all will be complete.

• 2 weeks later...
ADAC plus

if you ring them in this country, they send the AA out :whistling:

I can't seem to get my bank details to be accepted on the ADAC site.

Do you know how to get it sorted out Barrie ?

woz,is there not an application form you can download and fax with your card details?Most of ze germans speak English so you shouldnt have an issue if you call them first and then fax your details over.

That reminds me,has everyone got their EHIC's, or if not got them,applied for them?If you get sick, you will need one if you dont want to pay private.

its easy and free to apply for one online

https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetRes/home.do

Most of ze germans speak English so you shouldnt have an issue if you call them first and then fax your details over.

:offtopic:

That depends if they mention the war. "I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it" - John Cleese

Surely an easier option than that Raj ?

I'll see what Barrie's reply is :D

Most of ze germans speak English so you shouldnt have an issue if you call them first and then fax your details over.

That depends if they mention the war. "I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it" - John Cleese

Surely an easier option than that Raj ?

I'll see what Barrie's reply is :D

best bet is to ring them

just ask for an english speaking person

as raj says most of them do :D

:lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk