Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2008........

Dave-Ellen

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a good link.I remember my first visit,i was so chilled all the way to germany,thinking the ring thing was all hype.First lap on my own,went through the gates in my SC IS200 and the whole track was one big scary blur,got to the last bridge at the BTG finish line and realised i was covered in sweat and sweat was pouring down my face.Got out of the car and my legs started to shake,im not joking my adrenaline levels were through the roof,i wasnt scared or frightened,its just my body was coming out of physical and mental shock.Thats not a joke either,ask bazza/janey they were the first to see me after my lap,I was a mess.I could hardly speak! and thats normally quite difficult for me to do!

that is a good link.I remember my first visit,i was so chilled all the way to germany,thinking the ring thing was all hype.First lap on my own,went through the gates in my SC IS200 and the whole track was one big scary blur,got to the last bridge at the BTG finish line and realised i was covered in sweat and sweat was pouring down my face.Got out of the car and my legs started to shake,im not joking my adrenaline levels were through the roof,i wasnt scared or frightened,its just my body was coming out of physical and mental shock.Thats not a joke either,ask bazza/janey they were the first to see me after my lap,I was a mess.I could hardly speak! and thats normally quite difficult for me to do!

Didn't you go for a brief lay down too :)

I assume everyone who's been before will have read this page but i thought i'd post it up for anyone who hasn't.

Ben Lovejoy's Nurburgring site

Absolutely packed with everything you'll every need to know about going to and round the Nurburgring.

Stav

It is a good site, there is a pic on there with mine and Zee's cars in it :)

I felt so honoured :D

i remember it well

somewhat changed last year though :winky:

it is an enormous adrenaline rush, very hard to describe to those who have not been there, its like a roller coaster ride, but multiplied by many times

Didn't you go for a brief lay down too :)

yeah i did,actually thinking back,it was with you!not like that obviously!

i remember it well

somewhat changed last year though :winky:

it is an enormous adrenaline rush, very hard to describe to those who have not been there, its like a roller coaster ride, but multiplied by many times

yeah i got a little more confidence second time around!Its a very addictive adrenaline rush and thats right its hard to describe to those that havent been.

yeah i did,actually thinking back,it was with you!not like that obviously!

It was after coming back from the pax lap with Dave then immediatly a pax lap with Steve, adrenaline was just pumping to quick i felt faint :D

I remember seeing your face, when you was getting out of the M3 when Steve took you round :D

So any news on the TTE visit Barrie ?

I was thinking if we were travelling on the Thursday, that day might be the only day over the trip

TTE's factory may be open ? If so are we setting off early to go there before we check into the

Hotel etc ? Obviously no worries if it is open on other days.

When that is sorted out we can get a timetable together for our 1st meeting point before the Train

(when & where) and what time train we are taking to hook up with everyone in France so the Ferry & Train

convoys can meet up at a 2nd meeting point (when & where) to start the second leg together.

Are we group booking or individually for the Train?

Who has seen the cheapest places to book the Train ?

Also has anyone seen this ? Video/Camera Ban

Other useful info is here Nurburgring Website

I'm all excited and really can't wait :yahoo: I already have the Hotel in my Tom-Tom :D

P.S does anyone have the address for the Ring so I can put that in too ?

So any news on the TTE visit Barrie ?

I was thinking if we were travelling on the Thursday, that day might be the only day over the trip

TTE's factory may be open ? If so are we setting off early to go there before we check into the

Hotel etc ? Obviously no worries if it is open on other days.

When that is sorted out we can get a timetable together for our 1st meeting point before the Train

(when & where) and what time train we are taking to hook up with everyone in France so the Ferry & Train

convoys can meet up at a 2nd meeting point (when & where) to start the second leg together.

Are we group booking or individually for the Train?

Who has seen the cheapest places to book the Train ?

Also has anyone seen this ? Video/Camera Ban

I'm all excited and really can't wait :yahoo: I already have the Hotel in my Tom-Tom :D

P.S does anyone have the address for the Ring so I can put that in too ?

cam down calm down

the TTE visit will not be confirmed until around the end of dec and the start of january

it will only be open on the thursday

if we get confirmation we will need to be there first thing in the morning, i would advise arriving in cologne the night before

all of this will be dependant on numbers wanting to attend

remember this is a privaliged visit and is by invitation only

videos and cameras have been banned for years.......thats why we never take them with us :whistling:

i think we are about the only ferry people !, and we travel on our own............ because nobody likes us :unsure:

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fellas

I am seriously interested, has anyone put a 250 around the ring before?

I mentioned this to a couple of mates who would also love to go.

One has a mint 1973 Triumph Spifire which he would like to exersize

and another has a weird all carbon firbre open wheel super light hill climb

thingy he'd like to take around but it may need a bigger fuel tank for 13 miles.

Just need to get my pass out stamped by the dearly beloved and im with you.

Any probs bringing a few mates?

Infinity...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk