Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2008........

Dave-Ellen

Scouring the net, I'm finding lots of conflicting information about the ADAC cover.

On the Ben Lovejoy site it is undecided if the ADAC will recover you off the ring.

On another site under the FAQ

"What can I do if I breakdown?

Push it home if you're with the AA or Green Flag, call any other reasonable breakdown company and get it towed. After you've paid @£125 to get it off the circuit. Plenty of local spannermen who will do their level best to sort it - yes, even on a Sunday. Our advice? - join ADAC (German breakdown recovery), get European cover to get the vehicle home if the worst happens - but in any event it looks like you pay the 185 euro charge to get towed off the circuit.

I'm thinking of buying short term European cover like this and driving with caution.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i;ve emailed ADAC about joining but not heard anything back yet so may go for that option as well, alternatively i'm already with the RAC over here so may ring then see if they can extend the cover to europe for the weekend.

Stav

Hm i wonder if the curtosy car from the one you suggested could be used on the ring lol.

Also i says the costs start from £32.50 so it may well be £40 when you ring up.

Stav

any one taking crash helmets ?

nope i dont intend crashing :whistling:

in theory its a good idea, but i find them a bit like condoms !

I know a condom fits over your head as well but i don't think it'll help as much in the event of a crash. lol

any one taking crash helmets ?

nope i dont intend crashing :whistling:

I know a condom fits over your head as well but i don't think it'll help as much in the event of a crash. lol

no stav, you are doing it wrong ...they dont go on your head :lol:

what i meant was they both for protection, but feel more comfortable without :whistling:

what i meant was they both for protection, but feel more comfortable without :whistling:

Ahh but thats where your wrong Bazza, they do go on your head ;)

Ahh but thats where your wrong Bazza, they do go on your head ;)

nah...your just buying the wrong size ones !

Neither can i mate, just got all my forms together today, Driving licence, v5, insurance, MOT.

Then Travel insurance, EHIC, Eurotunnel confirmation print out, just trying to decide on breakdown cover, as got an email back from ADAC but completely in German and not very helpful when translated.

what did you decide on Woz?

only two weeks to go! everyone else nearly sorted?

Neither can i mate, just got all my forms together today, Driving licence, v5, insurance, MOT.

Then Travel insurance, EHIC, Eurotunnel confirmation print out, just trying to decide on breakdown cover, as got an email back from ADAC but completely in German and not very helpful when translated.

only two weeks to go! everyone else nearly sorted?

need my IS350 :whistling:

got an email back from ADAC but completely in German and not very helpful when translated.

can you pm me the text from the email or email me at

dance at djwozza dot com please Stav, then I will decide which breakdown cover I go for.

Gotta find my MOT and Insurance Cetificate (will certificate be ok or do I need a Green Card ? )

and breakdown cover but

Passport,

EHIC,

V5,

Warning Triangle,

Hi-Viz Vest,

First Aid Kit,

Ferry & Hotel Confirmation

all sorted :D

remember to tell your insurance

tell them you are visiting germany, but dont mention the ring !

most insurance will only cover you third party whilst in europe unless you inform them, some charge a nominal fee but most will allow so many days a year at no charge

remember ADAC are the only breakdown who will recover you from the ring at no charge, otherwise it will be 180 euro

Hmm will have ot ring the insurance, says 90 days cover but will ring to confirm.

Also, Woz has been looking into it and apparently its not 100% whether or not they will remove you from the ring!

remember ADAC are the only breakdown who will recover you from the ring at no charge, otherwise it will be 180 euro

Is that for breakdown, or breakdown with scratched metal bits ? :o

As per my previous post Barrie, several ring sites say ADAC either will not, or may not recover from The Ring.

Has anyone got to the bottom how how to join the ADAC anyway or a current member?

Have we all got to get those silly GB stickers for our cars???? :huh:

Do you have any of them GB things on your number plate ?

No matey i've got the boring plain ones :whistling:

Dont bother then :D

Gord you still going in the Altezza?? well thats if you still have it when we go?? :unsure:

Have we all got to get those silly GB stickers for our cars???? :huh:

Do you have any of them GB things on your number plate ?

No matey i've got the boring plain ones :whistling:

Dont bother then :D

Gord you still going in the Altezza?? well thats if you still have it when we go?? :unsure:

Yes if i still have, no if its sold, 4 people intrested in it mate. other than that the Green lexus :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk