Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I have just brought a GS300. Put the deposit down on a jet black '98 MK2 in mint condition, with full lexus history.

We are both 19, and her previous car was a Vectra Sri 2.0, so its quite an upgrade! My other car is an e39 5 series and I am impressed with the sheer amount of kit and drive of the lexus. We are picking it up on saturday so will post pics then.

First job is replacing the cambelt for peace of mind, planning to buy the cambelt and tensioner from lexus and get my local trusted mechanic to fit it. How much should I expect to pay for these two parts from lexus, secondly I would really like to put the clear side repeaters on the car, how much are these roughly and is there a specific part number?

Finally I really like the look of the chrome surround by the gear shifter that can be found on the facelift MK2's, can I purchase this from lexus to fit our car, and how much is it?

Thanks for your help!

Hi & welcome to LOC :D

Sound like you have got yourself a great car there, look forward to the pics

Can't help on the prices etc :blush: but I'm sure there will be someone along soon who can :)

Hi

im new too, also got a gs300 1999.

mines got 87k miles on the clock, got the car saturday. the last time it was changed was at lexus at 67k, im not doing mine till 100k.

from searching previous posts on the forum, some people pay £300 up for a local garage to do it.

i dont think lexus will charge too much, its always worth pitting the dealers against eachother to beat prices. ring a few dealers up and get quotes.

might bag yourself a stamp in the book!

Sounds like a nice motor you have picked up. Don't forget some pics ;)

The clear side repeaters off the RX300 are direct replacements for the Mk1 and Mk2 GS, part number is 81730-20220, no idea on price though. I want to get some for mine too and forgot to ask the dealer last week when I was ordering some other bits and pieces.

Hullo.

i think the belt is about 40 to 50 quid, not sure about the tensioner tho,. if i remember correctly i payed 200 for mine fitting from the local freindly garage

as for the extra bits for the car, i think your best bet for anything for the mk2 is eBay, it seems america is one of the best places for the mk2, they seem to still be alive and kicking more over there than the UK

not really much help was i :)

but anyway welcome to the club

well thats strange, when i posted this janey was the post above mine, where you 2 sneak in from :)

Hi Guys

Welcome to the club. I had my belt fitted last week the kit made by BLUE PRINT(parts for japanese cars) Cost £68.50 inclusive of VAT

consisted of a tensioner part number ADT37621 and the belt part number ADT37528. Local mechanic charged me a total of £175 inclusive of the parts.

Cheers

Probsat

Hi guys,

got the car delivered on saturday, spent all weekend driving around in it! Found a few minor faults but nothing too bad,

none of the doors seem to activate the 'door open' light on the dash nor the interior light, car still locks correctly etc so more of a minor annoyance than anything else, any ideas on how to remedy this? Also the fuel cap doesnt seem to hold itself open, looks to be the remains of half a spring next to the hinge? please can someone with a working fuel cap post a picture of theirs open to give me an idea of how to fix this?

Here are a few pictures -

frontside.jpg

frontside1.jpg

back.jpg

rearside.jpg

Thanks for the tips so far!

The clear side repeaters off the RX300 are direct replacements for the Mk1 and Mk2 GS, part number is 81730-20220, no idea on price though.

turns out they are £18 and a few pence each (plus VAT I guess).

That's a nice motor you got there. I just got rid of my 2001 GS300SE. One of the best cars I've ever had. Quiet, powerfull and it had one of the best sounding 6 cylender engines I've heard, bar an M3CSL. Hope you enjoy your new motor.

i rang up my local lexus dealer (woodford) and was quoted under around £330 for a timing belt change, includes all parts, labour and VAT.

i personally think this price isnt bad at all. i'll get a stamp in my book and peice of mind! (hopefully i can book it in late and get a brand spanking new cover car LOL)

mines due in 12k miles, will get lexus to do it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links