Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Grounding Cable?

UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone installed these? What interest me is it says it improves starting, well my is200 seem to take longer to start (nothing wrong, even after lexus service it's still the same. Is it cos of the 6 cyclinders rather than 4?) and i will be (when i get round to it) be installing new front speakers, 2 amps and 12" sub, which hopfully won't have any feedback noises. But anyway bottom line is...is this worth installing?

Can't get the link to work keeps saying not responding..you have to search it on eBay for "Lexus IS200 -specific grounding earth kit". He's charging £40+delivery. Here an image of it..ps the images the bloke posted on eBay looks strangely like SparkyStavs car lol

post-18386-1193446177.jpg

post-18386-1193446199.jpg

post-18386-1193446205.jpg

is it what I think it is? i.e. one of those little plastic strips that hange at the back of the car, supposedly to ground it when you stop so you don't get a static shock on exit!?

if so, don't bother. If your car is taking a bit to start, then its probably cos the Battery is on its way out - and its getting a lot colder over night which degrades the Battery.

Ah if it thats then i'd recommend one def!

The car starts at the first turn now, not to mention it looks great.

Stav

Do you think / have you noticed it really makes a difference with the earthing cables? Or is it like a placebo effect? I've had one fitted for a while and I don't really notice any difference. Obviously it looks better but is there any real data etc to show what it does? Or have I bought a faulty one,or do various brands make a difference, makes, price etc?

Do you think / have you noticed it really makes a difference with the earthing cables? Or is it like a placebo effect? I've had one fitted for a while and I don't really notice any difference. Obviously it looks better but is there any real data etc to show what it does? Or have I bought a faulty one,or do various brands make a difference, makes, price etc?

I don't think you could have bought a faulty one as in essence they are only wires. But going more directly from the Battery to the engine/earth point.

I honestly can't say i have noticed a specific power difference but the theory is pretty good and makes sense. And honestly it seems to fire up quicker than before.

Stav

Any competent mechanic could make up a new , better more direct earth strap in about 3 minutes , I do it all the time here on the older vans that come into the workshop . No need for fancy imported Cables!

LOL....get your tools out :D

Group Buy anyone? :D

I'm sure the theory is sound, but the kit looks messy to me,

& I would only go for it for a more discreet/direct approach.

LOL it's n ot the kit that's messy , it's my engine bay.

And yours would be more discret Wozza, cause you've got the TTE airbox haven't you? so it would cover it running down the engine.

Stav

we do something similar all the time with serious ice installs but slight;ly differntly..

a good ground as short as possible from the Battery to the chassis of the car and then replacing the alternator ground.

works for us so the theory sounds good for all other high current elec systems...

if it looks untidy im sure it could be routed diffently or make a feature of it??

Errm just by a length a 4 guage good quality car audio cable to your size add a couple of ring connectors and attach 1 to Battery and one to engine.

If you really want to go the whole hog do whats known, in the audio business, as the big 3 (TB3)

Upgrading

alt to + on the Battery

Battery - to chassis

engine to chassis

doing this with something like 4 or even 0 guage cabling and a few ring terminals will make a world of difference

If ou really wanted I could make up some batch kits to do all 3 bits for less than 40 quid I expect starting will be improved as would gerneral running performance hey I could even eBay them saying it gives 350+ bhp improvement and helps fuel consumption

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links