Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Curious - Interior Detectors For Alarm

I always though the little clear'ish red knob on the dash was the motion sensor for the alarm. I now know this is the solar sensor for the aircon. This leads me to wonder how the car detect/protects the interior. Where are the interior sensor(s) for the alarm? Anyone know?

are you sure they have sensors and are not just activated by the doors etc .

I assume not but you never know. The manual says to press the lock button a second time to arm the alarm without interior detection, for when pets or people are left in the car for a short period of time. I can't imagine they are expecting the pets to open the doors :unsure:

I've checked round the dome light and nothing there.

I quite often wash the car, forgetting to turn the alarm off, and as soon as I start washing, it goes off, so have to rush indoors for the keys, so where the motion sensors are, I haven't a clue. :blush:

I quite often wash the car, forgetting to turn the alarm off, and as soon as I start washing, it goes off, so have to rush indoors for the keys, so where the motion sensors are, I haven't a clue. :blush:

Funny you should say that, I did exactly that today. :tsktsk: was it loud, never heard an alarm that loud before, it made my ears ring.

• 2 weeks later...

The GS has a Thatcham approved alarm so it has to have interior sensors, either microwave or ultrasonic. On the Series II it is in the centre console however the series I alarm isn't factory fitted, it was installed when the vehicle enters the country, so it's not a well integrated.

The GS has a Thatcham approved alarm so it has to have interior sensors, either microwave or ultrasonic. On the Series II it is in the centre console however the series I alarm isn't factory fitted, it was installed when the vehicle enters the country, so it's not a well integrated.

Does that mean that on the Mk1, it could be the little "speaker grill" next to the clock?

• 3 weeks later...

Does that mean that on the Mk1, it could be the little "speaker grill" next to the clock?

I believe that's a temperature sensor for the climate control...???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links