Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus For Sale

ibby

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-SE-BLACK...1QQcmdZViewItem

or ...

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/231095.htm

I have been to see this car..

It does not have FSH as is stated on the car record..

However couple of things I would like to state.

1) between 99 to 2004 the car covered 90,00 miles at the last service (dealer stamped)

2) between 04 to 07 from 90,000 to 110,000

Actually has 3 owners including this one..

The current owner has only had the car for a short while,

It actually was owned by manchester airport and used as a fleet car.

and then supposdaly swapped internally and the log booked changed again... (some what i dont think so)

i think manchester airport services sold it in 2004, its had another ownver and now this one..

The interior has took a battering, Seats are worn down shiney, worn arround the steering wheel, driver side foot rests are worn down.

I honestly dont belive the car has done 110,000 as stated,

I'll let you put in the holes, but i think the car is clocked ... by atleast 40k..

good post...........
Ebay link doesn't work matey.

But sounds dodgy if all you say is true.

Thats what sites like this are for to warn other prespective owners of bad buys.

Stav

Item number

The sums and figures dont add up, The obvious one is wear and tear inside the car, Mainly visiable on the seats, The rear one look like they have started to "sagg".

- Another thing i have just remmbered is

Cam belts and other belts have not been changed ... and a slight squeeking noise is comming from one of the pullies.

- PLAIN water is in the radiator, and no other coolant.

- Extra "lexus badges ie "is200 SE" are in the boot.

Exterior the car is very clean for its age.

thought exactly the same - why would someone look after the exterior so well yet neglect the interior and engine bay so much.....that exterior looks a little too good for a car thats supposedly done 110K too..

Loose badges in the boot would also worry me a little....

depends on what it was used for as a "fleet vehicle"

could have been used as a chauffeur service ferrying customers around or between airports, hence the worn interior, high mileage and clean exterior !

who would care about the engine bay when the customer would only see the outside

interior looks ok if only a bit worn, no rips, tears or fag burns

was probably serviced regularly under their ownership, and like most fleet vehicles sold off cheap, to someone who didnt bother with servicing

strange that it has the later models alloys, without centre caps !

depends on what it was used for as a "fleet vehicle"

could have been used as a chauffeur service ferrying customers around or between airports, hence the worn interior, high mileage and clean exterior !

who would care about the engine bay when the customer would only see the outside

interior looks ok if only a bit worn, no rips, tears or fag burns

was probably serviced regularly under their ownership, and like most fleet vehicles sold off cheap, to someone who didnt bother with servicing

strange that it has the later models alloys, without centre caps !

that exterior looks a little too good for a car thats supposedly done 110K too..

Mine has 107k .

Ive seen cars with slightly more miles with good exteriors,

however

it just wasnt slightly worn.. If your local i recommend you pop down and have a look.

You will understand what i mean,

He was willing to take offers in the region of.. 3.5k

It has th IS300 alloys.

do you know if it is HPI clear?

I get a feeling that its accident damaged maybe from the back, which would maybe explain the new wheels and very tidy paint job, compared to neglected engine bay and not so clean interior...

do you know if it is HPI clear?

I get a feeling that its accident damaged maybe from the back, which would maybe explain the new wheels and very tidy paint job, compared to neglected engine bay and not so clean interior...

I walked away soon as I saw.. "full service history" - which was non existant, and the state of the interior.

It has been on pistonheads for a long time as well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links