Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help. I Hurt My Car.

wiggy1

Today I completely lost the back end. It came out of nowhere as i exited a round about into a bend resulting in me :tsktsk: smashing into a kerb almost sideways then bouncing the front of a guard rail. The rear wheel took the most damage as it hit a milisecond before the front. It wasnt even drivable. Basically the rear wheel was after twisting in at the back and sticking way out at the font. I nearly cried :crybaby: when i got out to look.

Anyway turns out to be the lower wishbone ( think thats what its called) and some other link busted. I also need a new back wheel as its badly marked but suprisingly not buckeled. Are the suspension parts the same as the IS200 and are they only available from Toyota or can i get spurious parts from a motor factor. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Darren.

Today I completely lost the back end. It came out of nowhere as i exited a round about into a bend resulting in me :tsktsk: smashing into a kerb almost sideways then bouncing the front of a guard rail. The rear wheel took the most damage as it hit a milisecond before the front. It wasnt even drivable. Basically the rear wheel was after twisting in at the back and sticking way out at the font. I nearly cried :crybaby: when i got out to look.

Anyway turns out to be the lower wishbone ( think thats what its called) and some other link busted. I also need a new back wheel as its badly marked but suprisingly not buckeled. Are the suspension parts the same as the IS200 and are they only available from Toyota or can i get spurious parts from a motor factor. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Darren.

parts are the same you should be able to get them all from Toyota, there is a few altezzas for breaking around Ireland that might save you a few quid

Thanks for the reply guys.

@ IRLRs200- I will have a look around. Do you Know of any places in Dublin or near enough. Cheers

@MonsterMat- I am in Ireland so its probably easiest getting them here. If all else fails I will confirm parts needed and see what you can do. Much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply guys.

@ IRLRs200- I will have a look around. Do you Know of any places in Dublin or near enough. Cheers

@MonsterMat- I am in Ireland so its probably easiest getting them here. If all else fails I will confirm parts needed and see what you can do. Much appreciated.

cant remember off the top of my head but check the Autotrader as there is a couple advertised in that , in the breakers section. ill ask around for you try get a definite place :winky:

from the "buyandSell"

TOYOTA ALTEZZA/LEXUS IS 200, 2000, FOR BREAKING, ALL PARTS AVAILABLE, BEAMS ENGINE, FULL AIRBAG KIT AVAILABLE, Dublin/Wicklow Area 086-3618091

hth and you get sorted :)

Cheers. ill try that one in the buy and sell and if no joy check the auto trader. Someone told me to try traynors in the north but its a bit far. Also I dented and scratched my front driverside wing in same accident. Can this be resprayed alone or will i have to get the whole side of the car sprayed. Mica blue i think the colour is called.

Cheers. ill try that one in the buy and sell and if no joy check the auto trader. Someone told me to try traynors in the north but its a bit far. Also I dented and scratched my front driverside wing in same accident. Can this be resprayed alone or will i have to get the whole side of the car sprayed. Mica blue i think the colour is called.

color code for your car is on the model plate on bulkhead in the engine bay....

blue is easy enough to match... have had a new bumper and spoiler fitted to mine and you couldn't tell they weren't original....

platinum silver is the one that's a bitch to match up :winky:

Hopefully the wing can be repaired but theres slight damage on the smooth flat edge of the arch. This may mean a new wing also. Just afraid I am gonna need the whole side painted. Thanks for your help.

Anyone know the price for a second hand wing.

Hopefully the wing can be repaired but theres slight damage on the smooth flat edge of the arch. This may mean a new wing also. Just afraid I am gonna need the whole side painted. Thanks for your help.

Anyone know the price for a second hand wing.

ring your man on buyandsell in the morning... he may have a wing too depending on where the altezza was damaged, engine for sale tells me that it was the back... as usual :whistling:

Yeah Im gonna ring him. just wanna get a rough price for the wing ye know.

ring lexus first... ask for price for an IS200 wing don't mention Altezza, there the same thing but some snobbery still exists in places .... Toyota can get you one as well but usually only work with part no.s

probably get it fixed up in a bodyshop if it's only slight damage....

take it easy

To the best of my knoweldge traynors do a delivery service, think its every tuesday at lunch time near the enterance to the green isle hotel on the naas road. Hope this may help a bit and you get sorted asap

Thanks for the advice guys. Parts have been ordered today from Toyota and told they be here tomorrow. Thankfully the wing can be repaired so all going well should be good as new by Monday.

Happy days, you're sorted! At least it wont take you too long to get back on the road

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my car back today after getting it repaired. The suspension work was finished a few days ago and its just back from getting the wing repaired. Only got to see it in low light as it was about 7pm but looks spot on. I will have a good look tomorrow when its bright. Also got a service and cleaned the throttle body and got the timing belt done. Now my engine warning light flashes on sometimes. I am going to get the code checked and i will reset the ecu to see if it does anything. Anyone any ideas. I realise i could be many things until i get the code.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links