Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Soultion

boddamloon

Got this in an email and thought i'd pass it on.

We are hitting 106.9 p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be

faced with paying £1.10 a ltr. somebody has offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day

campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil

companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue

to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can

really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to

think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take a ggressive

action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to

take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come

down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their

Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two

biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce

their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will

have to follow suit.

But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and

BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll

explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to

at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least

ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message

reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over

THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass

this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been

contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and

not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends

this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300

MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!

Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you,

please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your

petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.

boycott BP and Esso

Answer is no it won't work mate.

AFAIK all the petrol sold in Scotland is refined at Grangemouth, which is owned by BP. So it makes no difference what retailer you buy from BP are getting a cut.

Also as posted many times on here the real "bad guys" are the treasury, the majority of the cost of fuel is duty and then the added VAT.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

The oil companies could never do that, 90% of the cost of fuel is tax, to achieve this price, the only way to get prices down is to get the government to lower tax

Never in a billion years will petrol go back down to 69p per litre. It hasn't been that for 15 years! It will never work because every single person I know doesn't even know that petrol costs different amounts at different service stations and if they do they don't care. Company car drivers won't care and so on. The people that would do this would be a small minority of people that the fuel companies wouldn't even break into a sweat about. Not only that, in the long-term, the government is wanting people to reduce their carbon footprint - why would they make petrol so cheap that everyone can go and buy Chelsea tractors and be able to afford them. It's a good idea, that just happens to be totally flawed.

Doesnt matter what you do you will never beat the goverment...and the tax .etc........even if you change to LPG say for instance and say half of the uk had LPG they would only put the tax up on that...just as they have done to diesel ...goverment say its better for polution...so we all get dieselcars,vans etc...so then they go and put the price up.!!! no win situation.!!

this country gets sold down the swany.....pay more for fuel,pay more for electric ( owned by the french ),pay more for gas.( own by the russians and germans)..and so it goes on.

Unfortunatly the only way they will lower prices is when big hallage companys start playing up then that starts a chain reaction and so the goverment have to do something...

but like we all know 6 months-1 year 2 years down the line they put it up slowly pence by pence.... but each pence adds up to billions in revenue.

happy days for the treasury!!

I'm not being defeatest, but there's absolutely nothing that anyone can do about it. If they didn't get it off us in fuel, they'd get it some other way. I personally prefer to have it on fuel because that way I have a choice about how much I pay. I drive a Lexus, I pay more. If I drive a tiny cheap car, I'd pay less. At least this way I am in more in control about how much extra I pay.

boycott BP and Esso

Thought this spam died a death a year or more ago....please don't pass it on as it's totally misguided and it's not even factual....as everyone has already stated it's the UK government that are responsible, not the oil producers.

Exxon Mobil is the world's biggest oil company, but third-quarter net income for 2007 fell 8.3 percent. Shell's profit excluding one-time items dropped 21 percent but still made $5.58 billion and BP's earnings on the same basis fell 12 percent to $3.98 billion, so in fact BP is not one of the top two.

Also refining margins, or profits from turning crude into fuels such as gasoline and diesel, fell to $8.05 a barrel in the third quarter from $8.49 in the year-earlier period, so while the UK goverment coffers are increasing the oil companies are not. It's also getting more and more expensive to extract the oil & gas as the new reservoirs are in increasingly deeper waters, harsher environments and even remoter locations.

Anyway cheap petrol is available in a lot of places, including the USA, although as its still over $2, or £1.20 a gallon, they don't think so. However, this doesn't unfortunately include the UK, so it should be obvious just who is responsible for the pump prices.

The only effect of following the advice of this totally misguided and naive email would be to bankrupt many of the small, often family businesses attempting to make a living operating the petrol stations.

boycott BP and Esso

Thought this spam died a death a year or more ago....please don't pass it on as it's totally misguided and it's not even factual....as everyone has already stated it's the UK government that are responsible, not the oil producers.

Exxon Mobil is the world's biggest oil company, but third-quarter net income for 2007 fell 8.3 percent. Shell's profit excluding one-time items dropped 21 percent but still made $5.58 billion and BP's earnings on the same basis fell 12 percent to $3.98 billion, so in fact BP is not one of the top two.

Also refining margins, or profits from turning crude into fuels such as gasoline and diesel, fell to $8.05 a barrel in the third quarter from $8.49 in the year-earlier period, so while the UK goverment coffers are increasing the oil companies are not. It's also getting more and more expensive to extract the oil & gas as the new reservoirs are in increasingly deeper waters, harsher environments and even remoter locations.

Anyway cheap petrol is available in a lot of places, including the USA, although as its still over $2, or £1.20 a gallon, they don't think so. However, this doesn't unfortunately include the UK, so it should be obvious just who is responsible for the pump prices.

The only effect of following the advice of this totally misguided and naive email would be to bankrupt many of the small, often family businesses attempting to make a living operating the petrol stations.

Agree with you Tango..i know the biggerstaff`s who run a garage in sarratt and if that would happen in that email then they would like you say go bankrupt...

Agree with you Tango..i know the biggerstaff`s who run a garage in sarratt and if that would happen in that email then they would like you say go bankrupt...

Forgot to mention...why does someone think Exxon Mobile and BP are one Company? Clueless....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links